Eating Habits

Started by Kjohnson, April 19, 2013, 08:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: Todd on April 24, 2013, 09:09:58 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on April 22, 2013, 06:27:12 AM
Quote from: Todd on April 22, 2013, 01:00:28 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on April 21, 2013, 04:01:58 PM
When ever I hit those all you can eat jobbers I always have a plate with the salad bar on it! I always eat some veggies and such because my mom told me I should at a young age.

My weakness is the amount I can eat and I push it to the limits all the time, though not as much now as when I was in my 20's.

I have eaten 40oz of prime rib on a bet with the matching meals to boot.
5 big macs is the limit for me,,,6 1/2 that is amazing!!!!!
3 pounds of cheese curds in 20 minutes while driving home.
16 inch pizzas are the norm for me and the rest of the family has to order one for themselves.

Sorry guys,,,I will get off my horse and quite trying to sound all awesome and like a complete slob in the same breath.

And I wonder after the 3rd plate of food at those chinese joints the bring my check!

I don't know about being awesome or a slob but you sound like a cardiologists dream!  Or nightmare. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I just had a federal medical physical last week. The DR (from India I might add) says for a big guy I have good flexiblity and is in good shape but he noted that my shoulder is a tick off. I explained that I coach wrestling and he was in shock that at my age (42) that I still wrestle with teenagers.

Blood pressure good range, heart rate good range, choestral a tick high but not alarming and he noted that my tattooes were very nice ;D

Todd, Side Note: besides hitting a chinese joint once a month or so, I dont eat like that any more, I try to be a lot better. Though I wonder at times, how much damage I did in my pursuit of eating fame.

Awesome to hear LG.  Healthy and happy, the way to a good life.

You had me at Chinese Joint!  Mmmmmm...crab rangoon!

Crab rangoon is one of my personal favorites.  Only problem is that the Mrs. is allergic, so no kisses that day. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Todd

Quote from: futurerichguy on April 24, 2013, 09:20:04 AM
Speaking of Chinese, has anyone watched a Chinese "stir-fry" being prepared in a wok at a Chinese restaurant?  I was shocked to see there is little difference between wok stir-frying and deep frying.  Typically they fill the wok with oil about 4" deep.  Way different than the way I learned how to stir-fry at home with just enough oil to coat the pan.

I have not noticed that but I will try next time I go.  Thanks for the info.
"This page intentionally left blank".

Kjohnson

My eating plan went out the door this past week. Got together for our family reunion and figured what the heck. Lets not worry about food and drink. Drank diet soda, ate cheese, bread, and a whole lot of other stuff that I have stayed away from for 4 months.  As I left the reunion, I made sure I got back on track. Ate an apple for a snack on the way home and had a bottled water. Today I went back to my eating plan and it is hard to get back on track. I can see how people can easily go back to their old ways after falling off the wagon for a few days.

Tonight

Todd

One day of indulgence isn't a big deal.  I was on vacation for 7 days and had at least a barley pop (not the light stuff either) per day and didn't care what I ate.  I did bring my work out stuff with me and after 3 days of indulging I had to work out to feel better about what I was eating and drinking.

It's changing your normal routine to eating unhealthy that will hurt ya in the long run.  Don't sweat it.  Or eat, drink and be merry and then sweat it out.   ;D
"This page intentionally left blank".

Kjohnson

Went to my Doctor, 30 lbs less from the last time I was there

DrSnide

Quote from: Kjohnson on October 03, 2013, 04:32:34 PM

Very nice, congratulations!!!

I should be inspired but I read some of the previous posts and now have a craving for Crab Rangoon.... ;D
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

imnofish

Sorry about that, Dr. Snide.  I am in excellent health, except for my need to lose about 40 lbs.  We just closed up the campsite for the winter, which begins my journey toward losing that weight.  Time to eat more fruits and veggies, less meat.  Time to keep increasing my exercise level and decreasing sugar intake, which I did throughout the summer (and lost about 15 lbs.).  The longevity calculator predicts that I will live to be 87.  Even if these changes don't add any years to my life, they will help me fully enjoy time spent with people and activities that I love.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

The Last Ride

Quote from: imnofish on October 04, 2013, 12:07:59 PM
Sorry about that, Dr. Snide.  I am in excellent health, except for my need to lose about 40 lbs.  We just closed up the campsite for the winter, which begins my journey toward losing that weight.  Time to eat more fruits and veggies, less meat.  Time to keep increasing my exercise level and decreasing sugar intake, which I did throughout the summer (and lost about 15 lbs.).  The longevity calculator predicts that I will live to be 87.  Even if these changes don't add any years to my life, they will help me fully enjoy time spent with people and activities that I love.

:) Cheers Fish!
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

imnofish

Quote from: Kjohnson on October 03, 2013, 04:32:34 PM

Awesome!  You are my new diet hero.  Keep up the good work!  8)