Eating Habits

Started by Kjohnson, April 19, 2013, 08:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog

I opened up this thread thinking that it would be a discussion of good eating habits for wrestlers or a discussion of eating habits to avoid for wrestlers. Disappointed that it turned out to be a discussion of gorge and excess in the wrestling community. Sure hope none of the young wrestlers we are preaching good eating habits to take the time to read this thread...

littleguy301

We are not all perfect by any means.

While I talk about how I "pig" out I am also the first to say my eating habits came back to hunt me done in my latter years.

I believe in good eating and after reading these post I know the first train of thought is no good but most that have posted on here have talked about the need for healthy eating and so on.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Kjohnson

Quote from: bulldog on April 21, 2013, 04:33:53 PM
I opened up this thread thinking that it would be a discussion of good eating habits for wrestlers or a discussion of eating habits to avoid for wrestlers. Disappointed that it turned out to be a discussion of gorge and excess in the wrestling community. Sure hope none of the young wrestlers we are preaching good eating habits to take the time to read this thread...

Don

Kjohnson

Quote from: bulldog on April 21, 2013, 04:33:53 PM

I love reading all the great topics on wiwrestling.com.  The site does more than talk about wrestling. I love that I can read & post about almost every subject that I can think of. And trust me I post all over the place.  This would be a very boring site if we all thought the same. Could you imagine if we were all liberals or conservative or democrats or republicans?  The discussions would be boring. I enjoy reading about people who think the same way I do, but I enjoy more to learn about why other people think differently than me.  I try to understand why they think the way they do. Sure sometimes we get off topic and we post  emotions instead of facts, we are all humans and hopefully respect each and everyone opinion. 

I

Houndhead

Kjohnson, let me just say that I really enjoy all your posts. Almost all of them having something upbeat and entertaining to them. You manage to avoid getting sucked into the politics crap. That makes you much smarter than the rest of us. Keep em coming.

Todd

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 21, 2013, 04:01:58 PM
When ever I hit those all you can eat jobbers I always have a plate with the salad bar on it! I always eat some veggies and such because my mom told me I should at a young age.

My weakness is the amount I can eat and I push it to the limits all the time, though not as much now as when I was in my 20's.

I have eaten 40oz of prime rib on a bet with the matching meals to boot.
5 big macs is the limit for me,,,6 1/2 that is amazing!!!!!
3 pounds of cheese curds in 20 minutes while driving home.
16 inch pizzas are the norm for me and the rest of the family has to order one for themselves.

Sorry guys,,,I will get off my horse and quite trying to sound all awesome and like a complete slob in the same breath.

And I wonder after the 3rd plate of food at those chinese joints the bring my check!

I don't know about being awesome or a slob but you sound like a cardiologists dream!  Or nightmare. 
"This page intentionally left blank".

littleguy301

Quote from: Todd on April 22, 2013, 01:00:28 AM
When ever I hit those all you can eat jobbers I always have a plate with the salad bar on it! I always eat some veggies and such because my mom told me I should at a young age.

My weakness is the amount I can eat and I push it to the limits all the time, though not as much now as when I was in my 20's.

16 inch pizzas are the norm for me and the rest of the family has to order one for themselves.

Sorry guys,,,I will get off my horse and quite trying to sound all awesome and like a complete slob in the same breath.

And I wonder after the 3rd plate of food at those chinese joints the bring my check!

I don't know about being awesome or a slob but you sound like a cardiologists dream!  Or nightmare. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I just had a federal medical physical last week. The DR (from India I might add) says for a big guy I have good flexiblity and is in good shape but he noted that my shoulder is a tick off. I explained that I coach wrestling and he was in shock that at my age (42) that I still wrestle with teenagers.

Blood pressure good range, heart rate good range, choestral a tick high but not alarming and he noted that my tattooes were very nice ;D

Todd, Side Note: besides hitting a chinese joint once a month or so, I dont eat like that any more, I try to be a lot better. Though I wonder at times, how much damage I did in my pursuit of eating fame.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 22, 2013, 06:27:12 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I just had a federal medical physical last week. The DR (from India I might add) says for a big guy I have good flexiblity and is in good shape but he noted that my shoulder is a tick off. I explained that I coach wrestling and he was in shock that at my age (42) that I still wrestle with teenagers.

Blood pressure good range, heart rate good range, choestral a tick high but not alarming and he noted that my tattooes were very nice ;D

Todd, Side Note: besides hitting a chinese joint once a month or so, I dont eat like that any more, I try to be a lot better. Though I wonder at times, how much damage I did in my pursuit of eating fame.

So, are you saying that your "skin illustrations" (Ref: "The Illustrated Man") could have medicinal value?   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

jaguarwrestler

All You Can Eat Buffett means, I am going to eat ALL I can. Until I
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Kjohnson

But why does the first ingredient have to be  HFCS  ? and why is it even in there? Got to be a better way.

I love BBQ sauce, first ingredient is HFCS

You are in control of all the others except this one

jaguarwrestler

I will say most of my answers above are the "old" me

I have only been out to eat 3 times this year, every meal at the house... and I don't do buffets but in the past I would eat until I hurt. We started eating at the kitchen table about 2 months ago after eating in front of the TV for a decade. I still have issues with portion control but am trying to have a glass of water before the meal and during to get that full feel. Snacks after 8 have turned into strawberries
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Kjohnson

Quote from: futurerichguy on April 23, 2013, 01:25:05 PM
Bullseye BBQ sauce doesn't have HFCS and the first ingredient is tomatoe puree.  That's the only one I know of that I can find without going to Whole Foods or shopping the Internet.

Thanks. Have  noticed you can find the same item made with different ingredients. 1 good 1 no so good

Kjohnson

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on April 23, 2013, 02:26:19 PM
I will say most of my answers above are the "old" me

I have only been out to eat 3 times this year, every meal at the house... and I don't do buffets but in the past I would eat until I hurt. We started eating at the kitchen table about 2 months ago after eating in front of the TV for a decade. I still have issues with portion control but am trying to have a glass of water before the meal and during to get that full feel. Snacks after 8 have turned into strawberries

Try a salad (easy on the dressing) and I to have found fruit to be a good evening snack. I know it has sugar, but it's better than cookies. I have the same problem I can still eat alot. My salad at lunch is hugh, I drink lots of water, It is very hard for me to eat a normal portion.

Kjohnson

I think a good diet, but a short book on dieting. Each meal you get to eat 6 different thing as long as you only have a true portion of each item. You would get 3 snacks a day as long as each snack is one portion. Serving would include drinks and condiments.

I think I could eat anything I want as long as I eat only a true serving size of each item. I bet I would lose weight.

sorry 3 post in a row. I think it is bad luck when you do that

Todd

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 22, 2013, 06:27:12 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Awesome to hear LG.  Healthy and happy, the way to a good life.

You had me at Chinese Joint!  Mmmmmm...crab rangoon!
"This page intentionally left blank".