How long will you live?

Started by Kjohnson, September 24, 2013, 04:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

However long I live, I want to do the best I can for others.  I also hope to enjoy a long and wonderful afterlife.   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

DrSnide

My goal is to live long enough to be ready to go.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

DrSnide

Quote from: wraslfan on September 25, 2013, 07:27:14 AM
What's Lincoln's quote? "It's not the years in your life, but the life in your years." Great words of wisdom. 

He has another one I always keep in mind: "I think people are generally about as happy as they make their minds up to be."

Lincoln was obviously not a Packer fan 8)

Todd

Quote from: wraslfan on September 24, 2013, 06:09:56 PM
I didn't check what I was dinged for, said I'll live until 81, I have no idea what I was dinged for. If Grandparents are any indication, I'll live longer than that.

Yeah, I didn't look at the details of how it was scored.  Why would you be dinged by drinking less like Snides comments?
"This page intentionally left blank".

Todd

Quote from: DrSnide on September 24, 2013, 06:34:43 PM
Quote from: Kjohnson on September 24, 2013, 06:32:21 PM
I did it a second time, 3 weeks later and I was 85. Not sure what changed.

Remember: The longer you live, the better chance you have of living longer.

My plan is to live forever, so far so good.  - Steven Wright

Love Steven Wright, wise man.

WHy would you get dinged for having 1 partner for past 25 years or drinking less?

Todd

Quote from: bigG on September 25, 2013, 07:07:34 AM
I don't really care how long I live. Just wanna live well and not go through ten years of haedes before I check out.

I hear you.  Both of my grandmothers lived to 93 were born within 2 weeks of each other and died this year within the same month.  My one grandmother had been in assisted living and serious declining health until the end.  My other grandmother worked out and swam at the Y every day until her diagnosis of cancer 1 week before her death.  Although her cancer probably developed a year before it wouldn't have made any difference given her age other than putting her on terrible treatment that would have affected her health.  We really didn't know she was sick until she had trouble in the pool and went to the hospital that day.  I want to go like my Maternal grandmother, active, well loved, having had an amazingly rich life surrounded by family. 

DrSnide

Quote from: Todd on September 25, 2013, 10:01:01 AM
Quote from: wraslfan on September 24, 2013, 06:09:56 PM
I didn't check what I was dinged for, said I'll live until 81, I have no idea what I was dinged for. If Grandparents are any indication, I'll live longer than that.

Yeah, I didn't look at the details of how it was scored.  Why would you be dinged by drinking less like Snides comments?

I think it was in comparison to having one or two drinks a day for your heart. 

littleguy301

Quote from: bigG on September 25, 2013, 08:09:01 AM
1969-?

It's all about the dash. I can't remember the day I was born and will be too dead to remember the day I die, so the dash is all you're left with. Just want a good , full dash.

My dash is pretty full at this point ;D I just hope it is in the cards for me to make that dash longer ;D

All I want from life for myself is to be happy. Pretty simple but at times hard to do. Of course I want my wife and children to do much better that me but I also want them to be happy.

I do have a goal, when the day comes, I hope that there will be people at the funeral talking good things about me. I know a few people that I wonder if they could find 6 people to lower them into the ground. Not 6 people standing there taking a whiz in the hole :o Not the life I wish to live.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bkraus

Holy cow!  Mine says 84...  No offense I don't want to be here that long!  yikes!
Strive for Perfection