ASICS Junior Nationals

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, April 15, 2013, 03:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

Quote from: TomM on April 20, 2013, 04:56:02 PM
I think it is a cudos for taking on the competition at a higher level.

Ahhh, I didn't actually catch that point. Taking it to the next level is indeed worthy of some applause.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

wrestling for fun

Quote from: TomM on April 20, 2013, 04:45:52 PM
Does anyone have the exact definition of the 'junior' division as it related to "Junior Worlds' and the current "Junior National Championships" being held in Las  Vegas....?
I think according to FILA it relates to those whose age is from exactly 17 to 20, inclusive.  Can't wrestle in this division if you are 21 years of age, correct?
You have to be born between 1993 and 1995 (or 1996 with medical exemption)

http://www.themat.com/forms/Weights.pdf

TomM

Quote from: wrestling for fun on April 20, 2013, 07:13:05 PM
Quote from: TomM on April 20, 2013, 04:45:52 PM
Does anyone have the exact definition of the 'junior' division as it related to "Junior Worlds' and the current "Junior National Championships" being held in Las  Vegas....?
I think according to FILA it relates to those whose age is from exactly 17 to 20, inclusive.  Can't wrestle in this division if you are 21 years of age, correct?
You have to be born between 1993 and 1995 (or 1996 with medical exemption)
http://www.themat.com/forms/Weights.pdf
Thanks!
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Brems

Observations:

Congrats Tyler Graff- figure out Ramos and your my favorite for a title at next year's NCAA.

133 is going to be an incredibly deep weight class the next few years. Looking forward t seeing Whitford compete (Mich)- as soon as next year???

Aaron Pico- Freshman (in HS) phenom from Cali wins it all. How soon are you allowed to compete at the SR level?

No Mark Hall?

Congrats Matt Grey!

Great to see Badgers competing! Would love to see a Lubek /Theilke practice session:)

Kyle Snyder- Another great heavyweight in the NCAA mix.

Tsirtsis- 141 or 149?

No McCauley?

Future of wrestling pretty bright!