ASICS Junior Nationals

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, April 15, 2013, 03:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

From www.uwbadgers.com ..

Badgers are sending four wrestlers to the ASICS Junior National Championships, which take place April 18-20 in Las Vegas. Isaac Jordan, T.J. Ruschell, Rylan Lubeck and Justin Koethe will all compete in freestyle for spots in the Junior U.S. World Team Trials.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

dad 2 5

Great work guys. Hope it goes well!

Scourge

I know what a toll it takes and JT is in Greco mode right now, but it'd be nice to see him wrestle some freestyle in the off-season.  From what I've heard, and this is the case with pretty much every young wrestler, especially Greco wrestler, his leg attacks need to improve to get to where he and where we want him to be. 

But when you're a contender for the Olympic team, I guess your focucs has to be completely on Greco in the off-season.

dad 2 5

Scourge -- I agree but it has to help being in the room with Graff pressing him on the legs and training on the attack.

hammen

npope

Where are these results being posted?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

bigG

If they gave an extra "tenacity" point, Lubeck would usually win it.

He's just tough as heck.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

npope

To tell you the truth I am a little surprised to see Theilke down at 132 for this event. I was under the impression that he had hit a growth spurt and was no longer able to get to 133 without significant trouble. I understand that this is international style with the associated changes in weigh-in rules etc., but still...

Nat Pope

dad 2 5

great job Lubeck!
It is interesting to see JT there. I wonder how his strength is at this point?

hammen

Jesse over Nick Simmons 7-0, 0-4, 7-0. Wow must've been exciting. Atta boy Jesse!

mnkstr

impressive...Andrew Crone (Badger Recruit) wrestling as a Senior in HS.

2013 Junior Nationals - FILA - GR Results for Askren Wrestling Academy
Men 63 KG - Andrew Crone's place is 8th and has scored 1.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Andrew Crone (Askren Wrestling Academy) received a bye () (Bye)
Quarterfinal - Alejandro Michael Mioni (305 Wrestling / USOEC) won by pin over Andrew Crone (Askren Wrestling Academy) (Pin 1:22)
Cons. Round 2 - Andrew Crone (Askren Wrestling Academy) received a bye () (Bye)
Cons. Round 3 - Brandon Charbonneau (SMI) won by injury default over Andrew Crone (Askren Wrestling Academy) (Inj. 0:00)
7th Place Match - Deondre Sparks (Columbia basin wrestling club) won by injury default over Andrew Crone (Askren Wrestling Academy) (Inj. 0:00)

TomM

Does anyone have the exact definition of the 'junior' division as it related to "Junior Worlds' and the current "Junior National Championships" being held in Las  Vegas....?
I think according to FILA it relates to those whose age is from exactly 17 to 20, inclusive.  Can't wrestle in this division if you are 21 years of age, correct?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

npope

Quote from: mnkstr on April 20, 2013, 01:34:04 PM
impressive...Andrew Crone (Badger Recruit) wrestling as a Senior in HS.

2013 Junior Nationals - FILA - GR Results for Askren Wrestling Academy
Men 63 KG - Andrew Crone's place is 8th and has scored 1.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Andrew Crone (Askren Wrestling Academy) received a bye () (Bye)
Quarterfinal - Alejandro Michael Mioni (305 Wrestling / USOEC) won by pin over Andrew Crone (Askren Wrestling Academy) (Pin 1:22)
Cons. Round 2 - Andrew Crone (Askren Wrestling Academy) received a bye () (Bye)
Cons. Round 3 - Brandon Charbonneau (SMI) won by injury default over Andrew Crone (Askren Wrestling Academy) (Inj. 0:00)
7th Place Match - Deondre Sparks (Columbia basin wrestling club) won by injury default over Andrew Crone (Askren Wrestling Academy) (Inj. 0:00)

What am I missing here - I don't see Crone winning a match and taking 8th place. Call me jaded, but....

Nat Pope

TomM

I think it is a cudos for taking on the competition at a higher level.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"