Nebraska Wrestling News - Cornhuskers (1 Wisconsinite)

Started by mnkstr, April 14, 2013, 08:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnkstr

Nebraska Wrestling- Cornhuskers
http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&SPID=28&SPSID=56&KEY=

2014-2015
Sueflohn, Jake  149  Sr.  Watertown, Wis. (Arrowhead) 

jaguarwrestler

Not really UW news

Maybe his 3rd school will be the charm... I guess he is going to be 157 because I don't see him beating Sueflohn
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

BOURNE

Jordan - in my long endeavor to find a positive UW post coming from you, I have been unsuccessful and I hereby resign the quest.

After two Division I university commitments, a WWE-like twitter following and the OTC, I don't think very many followers of this forum are thinking too much about McCauley any longer. And - if everything you and some others have said on this forum is true, then why isn't he somewhere in either Michigan or Oklahoma?  Wait - don't answer that. I don't care.

Your post seems like it might have some value on a Cornhusker forum. Perhaps you should join one of those. Then maybe you could "buy in" somewhere instead of just taking pot shots.

(By the way, the McCauley thing isn't a very powerful shot anymore. Maybe you should try a new tact?)

jaguarwrestler

So Jordan,

I guess an 18 year old can't make decision about where to go to college... they need to wait until they are 21... is that the advise you give to your kids?

Sorry you peaked in high school and the UW didn't work out for you, it has for many others, get over it already.

BOURNE

jaguarwrestler

Jordan,

You have told us time and time again that the UW sold you something that you bought into and that product was not delivered as said. So the first comment you made sure seemed to tie into that. We understand you have a bad taste in your mouth for the last 10 years.

jw52

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I just can't keep my mouth shut on this one. I say this thinking of all the high school kids who aspire to wear a badger singlet and read this forum. The personal attacks on here are terrible. If you don't bleed badger red, why continue to blast the program? No doubt Barry has had problems. I think we have got some good talent in the room after the ship was deserted. Let's build on that. I know Jordan has a club and has good kids who wrestle for him. I have read many of his posts and think he is a stand up guy, who takes responsibility for his life path. Not every multiple time wi state champ is going to be an AA. one of my good friends is a 4xer, scholarship guy who didn't make it at uw. Not his fault. Life happens. I think if you wanna help Bucky build a stronger program, we should stay positive on here.

jaguarwrestler

Jordan calling people a forum troll... looking in the mirror will show you one.

Jordan, your beef is with the UW, so many kids have succeeded at the UW since you enrolled but you choose to run them into the ground because you did not and frankly it is getting old hearing about it.

The fans are sick of hearing about your failures and excuses.

dman

Actually reading through all this, I am really confused....nothing new there......how this turned into a bash Jordan thread??  I did not get anything out of what Jordan first posted that he was bashing anyone, or Barry, I took it as he was saying that Destin took a different path to wrestle in college and it may work out for him.  It then appeared people "attacked" Jordan and made it personal about the badgers.  I didn't see Jordan prompting any of this.  And I also agree with Jordan, and find it very hypocritical of the people attacking him to remain anonymous while he is a stand up guy and posts under his real name.  even if I don't agree with Jordan all the time, I at least respect the fact that he posts under his real name.  Even though I also agree that this is just a forum where us anonymous tough guys can post things and not always take it so seriously.  At least most don't, and some anonymous tough guys do take it pretty seriously.....you know who you are!!  ;)

Anyway.....I agree with Jordan that I think Destin needed the break and will be very sucessful at Nebraska.

BOURNE

I get what you mean dman, and I would not have even posted on this thread if Jordan had left out the first line of his post, especially the parenthetical part. It just raises the "here comes the bash" antenna on my head that responds to "Jordan doesn't like Barry" posts.

Anyway, I know DM will be just fine where ever he ends up actually wrestling. There are 1000 other wrestlers who will not be  Badgers next year. I am just trying to concentrate on the ones that will be and enjoy watching them.

jw52

Quote from: futurerichguy on April 15, 2013, 01:14:36 PM
Quote from: jw52 on April 15, 2013, 09:46:51 AM
If you don't bleed badger red, why continue to blast the program?
So do you bleed Badger red?  If so, why would you be content with mediocrity?  Were you on board with Don Morton as well?

Not saying I am happy with how things went and the results because of this. I do not know BD personally, or any current badgers for that matter. My point is, if you have a son who could go to UW and have the opportunity to wrestle, would you allow him to make that choice? If you are reading all the Barry bashing on here would it motivate you to persuade him to go elsewhere? What is worse? The bad publicity on here or the coach?

npope

While we "live" in this forum world and tend to think we are talking to the masses, we really need to keep perspective. People who worship at the altar of BD and those who would gladly throw him out in a heatbeat probably number less than 25 people all total. If some parent comes on here and reads this and extrapolates broadly because of it then I think the parent needs to consider what a narrow slice forum posters really represent. Heck, the fact any of us even post on here makes me think we are all suspect  ;)
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

BOURNE

Yeah. But it's still fun.   ;D

This thread has now been read 677 times at the time of this post. That's just over 27 times for each of the 25 of us. Nuff said. I'm going back to work. cya.

npope

Quote from: BOURNE on April 15, 2013, 03:43:50 PM
Yeah. But it's still fun.   ;D

This thread has now been read 677 times at the time of this post. That's just over 27 times for each of the 25 of us. Nuff said. I'm going back to work. cya.

You are discounting the 601 posters that read the thread and deemed it not worthy of comment. We are indeed a sad, sad lot  ;)

Nat Pope

npope

Quote from: ROCKY3 on April 15, 2013, 03:55:45 PMSpeak for yourself Pope, I do speak too,and sometimes for the masses.... ;)p

Only when your wife lets you  ;)

Nat Pope