Old Timer tournaments?????

Started by toad1987, April 14, 2013, 08:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toad1987

Where have all the oldtimer tournaments gone??????

zugzoo

Quote from: howaviYour reward for winning Sectionals: Weston Olund Merrill 11-2 12  vs Jesse Thielke Germantown 39-1 10

hammen

Todd

Northern Illinois runs a series that is really good
"This page intentionally left blank".

imnofish

About 15-20 years ago, I was at a kids tournament that also included an old timers division.  Some old guy who was well beyond 80 tried to register for the old timers tournament.  They told him that there was nobody else in his bracket, so he couldn't wrestle.  He wouldn't accept that and kept insisting that he was an old timer, so they should let him wrestle in the old timers tournament.  Kinda' made me wonder if we should rethink the name for these tournaments.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Todd

Quote from: imnofish on April 14, 2013, 10:53:39 PM
About 15-20 years ago, I was at a kids tournament that also included an old timers division.  Some old guy who was well beyond 80 tried to register for the old timers tournament.  They told him that there was nobody else in his bracket, so he couldn't wrestle.  He wouldn't accept that and kept insisting that he was an old timer, so they should let him wrestle in the old timers tournament.  Kinda' made me wonder if we should rethink the name for these tournaments.   ;D

No kidding the next oldest guy in my bracket at Franklin was 26, almost 1/2 my age.  Did ok though against the other "oldtimers".  :)

woody53

Who was the oldest at Franklin?
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

woody53

Oh, and I am not 80 years old.  ;)
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Todd

Quote from: woody53 on April 15, 2013, 05:26:31 AM
Who was the oldest at Franklin?

Good question.  Not sure but I think I was the top 5 oldest there.

JRF165

Sheboygan North will be hosting a freestyle tournament with a 'University' / 'Master's' division if you are interested.

Todd

Quote from: JRF165 on April 16, 2013, 11:32:27 AM
Sheboygan North will be hosting a freestyle tournament with a 'University' / 'Master's' division if you are interested.

As long as you don't lump the "university" guys in with the "masters" I may be in for wrestling some Freestyle again.

When would it be?

JRF165

Next Saturday... It will be separate AS OF NOW.