Jordan Dieringer and Beau Breske

Started by coastguard, April 13, 2013, 03:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benaskren

Franklin did the best that they could with the mess that they had.  There was no way for them to anticipate Freedom canceling on Friday thus creating the overflo of wrestlers. 

I hope they limit the tournament to 250 next year so we can do both FS and GR in reasonable fashion. 

As far as running your own, I really hope more school start hosting FS/GR tournaments.  There are only about 5 in SE Wisconsin all spring, we could use some more.
Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com

Ghetto

We would host one. Honestly I don't know enough about freestyle and Greco to be able to referee the bouts. How do u find officials who can do it?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MHSfan

No complaints here the brackets were all great. My 3  boys had competative brackets. Seen some great wrestling. I thought Franklin did a great job with what they were given.

Drivingforce

Quote from: Ghetto on April 14, 2013, 06:12:10 PM
We would host one. Honestly I don't know enough about freestyle and Greco to be able to referee the bouts. How do u find officials who can do it?
Port's having one this Friday night.

wrestle03

Must Love Dogs:
Do you want some cheese with your wine?
Unfortuanately you havent learned the life lesson that everything isnt about you and your boy.  Get over it.

ramjet

Listen I see both sides to this and having driven one way 3 hours and 45 mintues and it was a looooooooong day for sure, but my son got some really good freestyle matches in and we got to see some fantastic wrestling with Breske and Price and Deringer and the other stud in that bracket. Plus there was Gabe and Crone so it made it worth it. What the heck else would we have done the weather stinks. ;D

I will say this they could have been more proactive with getting and keeping the flow of the matches going which in my opinion would have taken about 1.5-2 hours off the time for Freestyle at least the HS level.

I think the organization was little lax and the table workers for crying out loud never left the tables it was hard on them too. I am sure that was not in their plan. But you do the best with what you have. Actaully I wish I would have stepped up and helped earlier.

The other plus was allot of younger FS and Greco wrestlers that looks good for the future.

On the down side only one greco match and on the up side he got to revenge his only loss on the day against the nice young man from Ill. in that match with a resounding and quick win. Gotta love tight gut.  ;D ;D

One question though if Freedom cancelled because of low number how many were or did come from that Tournament. We saw a few but I think maybe 50 ?

Freedoms decision to cancel really was a disappointment in that they waited so long to do so.

So I understand the disappointment (anger) just try and put yourself in their shoes and see it from their perspective.

Greco

Start with the current WWF State Official's director. He organizes the USAW events for Wisconsin FS/GR officials, but can refer you to one of us for local tournaments. Either way, we'll get you set up.

Greco

I think Franklin did a great job with what they were presented with. I would guess that they pulled in an extra 100 wrestlers because of Freedom's cancellation. I still think people don't understand that the FS/GR is NOT like folkstyle as far as preregistering goes. The majority have always have just shown up for the tournaments. Anyway...

Franklin knew it was going to be a long day which is why the officials ran the clinic in the morning for both styles, foregoing an afternoon break in between. They moved FS brackets around to finish up it's last session faster. The officials emphasized 30 seconds maximum between whistles for breaks between rounds. The mats ran almost continuously. The table workers and wrestlers were very good at having the on deck wrestlers ready to avoid delays in between matches.

Next year? Franklin will probably have about 250 wrestlers, instead of 353, if another venue is offered that day and will be happy with between 150 and 200 or more. There were about 730 at last year's WWF FS state.

Ghetto

Quote from: Greco on April 15, 2013, 11:16:58 AM

Start with the current WWF State Official's director. He organizes the USAW events for Wisconsin FS/GR officials, but can refer you to one of us for local tournaments. Either way, we'll get you set up.

Thank you
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove