Youth Club Question

Started by HMsDad, April 11, 2013, 12:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HMsDad

Here are two questions I was asked.I would like to here from others.You can pm me if you would rather do it that way.Our youth club pays 3 coaches none for the high school or middle.

Do you pay your youth coaches?

Does your youth club help pay Middle and High School coaches?

DocWrestling

We only pay coaches if they do not have a child in the program at some level.  If they have a child in the program, then they should want to volunteer for the good of the program.  Thus we usually only pay younger coaches that may not have families yet
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

walkd

The Middle School and High School coaches are paid by the school. For the youth, we have main coaches and then a few parents step in. For the main coaches, those who manage the structure and practices, the Wrestling Club pays them a gift payment for lack of a better term. They don't expect to be paid, they are essentially volunteers, but the club pays them as a good will gesture.

ptown

Our club does not pay any club coaches, we usually give coaches shirts, pullovers to them.  The answer to second question is no they are payed through our school.  Hope this helps.

littleguy301

Our coaches in the club at this time do NOT get paid. Shirts and such are given out to the coaches from time to time but that is about it.

We do have in the by-law if the coaches attend youth state there is a small amount of money given to them if they chose.

We have in the past given money to a youth coach and have given some to a HS coach but I believe in one only situation for both.

Much easier to ask for volunteers and at this time we do have a few very sucessfull wrestlers with youth in the program so having those people coach has been a blessing.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bulldog

This has come up a couple times in our club for youth, middle school and HS coaches. Currently HS and Middle School is paid by the district and youth is volunteer. The reason it had come up was the booster club felt if we paid someone to coach we would get a "better" level of coaching. The majority shot that down. We have good coaches at the Youth level and parents are happy to step in and help and they want to be there. At the end of the year it seems someone always passes a hat around and the coaches get a gift card from the kids but it is never expected

Say-Say

Volunteer parent coaches for us. We thought about having a paid (non-parent) coach, but decided against it.

cooch

Paid youth coach with NO kids in the program was the best youth wrestling situation I have been in.  Paid for his hotel at State and USA wrestling card. He also "had" to take the team to at least five tournaments through the year, be available at a regional of his choice and coach state. Started at $500 for the season, I think it was at $1,000 when I moved.

Be Unbeatable. Someone may score more points than you, but hold your head high, know you gave your all and go back to work.  That is being unbeatable.