Started by TomM, April 10, 2013, 08:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Recon

Really sorry to hear of his passing. He had some very good teams and always had his boys ready to wrestle.

Kjohnson

My sophomore year in high school the news of a new wrestling coach spread through our high school. Dick Kuzminsky came in as a co head coach with Don Greenwood (He passed away recently) the two of them took a team that finished last in the conference to conference champs in one year. My brother had won a total of 3 matches in two years and the first year under Coach Kuz he was Kuzminsky

LKing

Very sad to hear this. :(  The very first wrestling camp held in my hometown was done by Kuz and Robin Morris.  Over the next 15 years we would develop a friendship that I very much appreciate.  I've wrestled against his athletes, coached against him, and he was always ready to roll.  Ten years ago, on a sectional Saturday in Seymour, I was having lunch with Kuz and Robin when I got the call my wife was going into labor with our first child.  I think they were as excited as I was. ;D  I made it with just enough time to spare....

Wrestling has lost a great one.