Rumor?

Started by puppypower, April 09, 2013, 10:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puppypower

From what I have heard, there are going to be 16 teams.
Amery,Boyceville,SCF,Cameron,L-F-G,WR,River Falls,Hudson,C/PF,Spencer,Northwestern,Ogilvie MN, Lakeland and Cornell, Don't know the other two.  Maybe Princeton Mn and another Mn school.

mbcguy

Quote from: puppypower on January 07, 2014, 02:22:07 PM
Amery,Boyceville,SCF,Cameron,L-F-G,WR,River Falls,Hudson,C/PF,Spencer,Northwestern,Ogilvie MN, Lakeland and Cornell, Don't know the other two.  Maybe Princeton Mn and another Mn school.

Did Marko wrestle 126 at Burnsville last weekend? 

He wrestled 126 at Burnsville and came in 2nd.  Word is he cashed in all his Chipotle gift cards from Christmas in one day and has a little weight to cut now  ;D.  It was a small tournament so I'm guessing he went up a couple of weights looking for a challenge.

imnofish

Quote from: TopRowFan on January 07, 2014, 06:33:49 AM
I am looking forward to that tournament!!

The question is, will Wheeler and Gerber end up at the same weight for that tournament?? who wins between them?

Two excellent wrestlers, but my money's on Gerber.  (figuratively speaking, of course)  ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

puppypower

With this cold weather, I have time to look things up. Also in the tournament, Flambeau, Pine City MN.  I don't know about the Minnesota rankings.

106 Smith Am 3rd in D2
Jisco WR 4 D1
Wolfe Boyc 2 D3
Chamberlin SCF 7 D2
Maresca Cam 6 D3

113 Spray WR 6 D1
Marko AM 1 D2
Britton L-F-G 9 D2
Langer SCF HM D2
Palmer Boy 2 D3

120 Koski Hud 8 D1
Wheeler SCF 3 D2
Swenson Boyc 10 D3

126 Gerber Cam 1 D3
Stroo Boyc HM D3

132 Hall WR 15 D1

138 Scalice WR 9 D1
Benitez AM 5 D2
Johnson Boyc 2 D3

145 Mossie Hud 12 D1
Brewer L-F-G 5 D2
Hansen Boyc HM D3

152 Wright RF 3 D1
Chamberlain C/PF 2 D2
Ackman Spen. 6 D3
Harnisch Boyc 8 D3

160 Benitz WR 11 D1
Bystrom RF HM D1
Paulson AM 4 D2
Britton L-F-G 6 D2
Kochevar Flamb. 7 D3
Hellman Boyc 8 D3

170 Wozniak C/PF 8 D2
Glover L-F-G HM D2

182 Larson RF 4 D1
Abel WR 9 D1
Schock AM 6 D2
Heinsohn Cam 7 D3
Schneider Spen 10 D3

195 Radamacher SCF 1 D2
Newton AM 10 D2
Lund Flamb HM D3

220 Thompson WR 3 D1
Motu Hud 5 D1
Gates AM 3 D2
Makinia Flamb 6 D3

285 Tobin Hud 15 D1
LaLiberty C/PF 2 D2
Bastin SCF HM D2

And at Super Heavy weight Ellsworth curds against Alpha Curds, both highly ranked in the nation.

Street Glide

Quote from: puppypower on January 07, 2014, 02:22:07 PM
Amery,Boyceville,SCF,Cameron,L-F-G,WR,River Falls,Hudson,C/PF,Spencer,Northwestern,Ogilvie MN, Lakeland and Cornell, Don't know the other two.  Maybe Princeton Mn and another Mn school.

Did Marko wrestle 126 at Burnsville last weekend? 

From what you heard, I would have thought your finger is on the pulse.

guillotine

SCF dominates CL 60-15.
CL looks lost, they still have lots of talent but didn't look like they was much interest in wrestling.
SCF looked hungry and their whole team was into the match.
No doubt in my mind, SCF walks thru the Lakeland this year.

Is SCF tournament going to be on Trackwrestling? What time does wrestling start?

imnofish

Another note, regarding Gerber: His father/coach has stated to the local media that he will eventually be competing at 120, but has been wrestling up in order to get tougher competition.  Not sure how soon he will make the move, though...
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

guillotine

If I remember right we had this same discussion last year and none of the upper echelon wrestlers that have been mentioned ended up in the same bracket at SCF.
I would bet the same thing happens this year.

scfcat

My guess is that if Marko is at 120 that Wheeler will stay at 126 and Gerber will go 132. Since Wheeler and Gerber practice together quite often I doubt they will want to face off in the tourney.

Street Glide

Quote from: scfcat on January 11, 2014, 11:00:42 PM
My guess is that if Marko is at 120 that Wheeler will stay at 126 and Gerber will go 132. Since Wheeler and Gerber practice together quite often I doubt they will want to face off in the tourney.

Why would that matter?

imnofish

I think these guys will go where they feel they will get the best competition.  Guys at their level thrive on the challenge and know its value in helping them improve. 

littleguy301

Quote from: scfcat on January 11, 2014, 11:00:42 PM

I would guess Wheeler and Gerber will be in the same bracket and Marko will be in another. I think 120 for Wheeler and Gerber and 26 for Marko.

But then again, when is the SCF tourny?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Street Glide

The tournament is the 25th.  My guess most kids will start moving down towards regional weights.  I would guess a Wheeler/Gerber match up more likely.  Yes some kids do thrive on the challenge of better competition, we will see.

imnofish

Quote from: Lou Ferrigno on January 18, 2014, 01:59:03 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093894/

Lou, do you still harbor a grudge toward Arnold, from your bodybuilding days?   ;D