Sorry Axford... but...

Started by TomM, April 09, 2013, 10:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

I can live at this point with Yunni Betteroffonthebenchencourt hitting for a while. It does scare me that we have 2 SS hitting in the lineup with very little from the bat but at this time we dont have many other options so I will live with it at this point.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Houndhead

I would rather see them bring up Hunter Morris as long as he gets regular at bats until Hart is back. Yuni B is hot right now, but I don't expect it to last long.

Scourge

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 18, 2013, 07:18:31 AM
I can live at this point with Yunni Betteroffonthebenchencourt hitting for a while. It does scare me that we have 2 SS hitting in the lineup with very little from the bat but at this time we dont have many other options so I will live with it at this point.

Two shortstops that are poor offensive shortstops to begin with.  So when you move them to 1st and 3rd, two of your core four power positions, that hurts. 

Though it SHOULD help Lohse and Peralta to have 3 Shortstops playing in the IF as they're both ground ball pitchers....

DrSnide

Quote from: Todd on April 16, 2013, 11:08:52 PM
2 in a row baby!  Not for a lack of trying to pee away the lead though.  Up 9-3 and were still in danger of giving it up in the 9th after Giants get to 10-8.  If Axford was going to pitch another inning I was going to be done with this team and Roenke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnVrSZHnvYY

Baseball is a weird game.  Right now the Brewers are up 7-0 on Matt Cain and the defending champion Giants with a chance to sweep (fingers crossed yet) after looking like a Low A minor league team prior to that. Crazy.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

Houndhead

It is looking like Hiram Burgos will get the start on saturday.

Ghetto

Matt Cain was really bad today. Nice to get to him when he was off.

Gallardo isn't going to take a lot of grief for his drunk driving if he pitches well. Right or wrong, that's how it will be.

Just stay close til healthy.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

boowrestle

Fiers got sent down to make room for Burgos
you can run but you cannot hide.

Scourge

Quote from: Ghetto on April 18, 2013, 06:46:26 PM

Gallardo isn't going to take a lot of grief for his drunk driving if he pitches well. Right or wrong, that's how it will be.

It's also Wisconsin.  Part of the culture. 

Scourge

Quote from: boowrestle on April 18, 2013, 07:29:48 PM

Might have the same impact.  Burgos pounds the strike zone, stays low in the zone, has 4 pitches, maxes out at 92 MPH and that's like Gallardo throwing 95. 

He's a control pitcher who sets hitters up with his pitches and hides the ball very effectively.  Hopefully he can have a turn around the league where people don't get a chance to see him twice and he can dominate.

I still think Fiers has a long career as a very good #4 type pitcher.  Just happened to have been needed out of the pen when we were using a 4 man rotation(which by the way, could be pretty incredible if Peralta can finish that last inning like he starts them.  Gallardo, Lohse, Estrada(most underrated Brewer and a very good Burgos comparison) and Wily Peralta).  Get those 4 going and then the BP isn't nearly as overworked, whoever our 5th starter is has some room for error and a fresh bullpen....even though our offense is still very poor despite two big games. 

Stay within 4-5 games of the 2nd WC spot by the time that Hart and Aram are back and just maybe we'll get another one of those minor leaguers to come up and dominate.  My money's on Jimmy Nelson or Johnny Hellweg, but of course I do favor guys who throw 98-99 MPH. 

Not likely, but it's a dream.

Todd

Quote from: Houndhead on April 17, 2013, 11:47:37 PM
Quote from: Todd on April 17, 2013, 10:08:35 PM
Blake Lalli makes his Miller Park Debut and gets a walk off single over the left fielders head with bases loaded.  The game should have been over on the wild throw before that though so justice reigned.  

3 in a row.  

The umps got the ruling right. It is two bases from where the runners are when the pitch is delivered.

Shroeder was saying it was from the wild throw which if that was the case, he was past 2nd. 
"This page intentionally left blank".

Ghetto

Quote from: Scourge on April 18, 2013, 08:43:01 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on April 18, 2013, 06:46:26 PM

It's also Wisconsin.  Part of the culture. 

Agreed
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Houndhead

Quote from: Todd on April 18, 2013, 09:56:45 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on April 17, 2013, 11:47:37 PM
Quote from: Todd on April 17, 2013, 10:08:35 PM
Blake Lalli makes his Miller Park Debut and gets a walk off single over the left fielders head with bases loaded.  The game should have been over on the wild throw before that though so justice reigned.  

3 in a row.  

The umps got the ruling right. It is two bases from where the runners are when the pitch is delivered.

Shroeder was saying it was from the wild throw which if that was the case, he was past 2nd. 

They discussed this on the MLB network last night.

Houndhead

Quote from: Scourge on April 18, 2013, 08:49:47 PM
Quote from: boowrestle on April 18, 2013, 07:29:48 PM

Might have the same impact.  Burgos pounds the strike zone, stays low in the zone, has 4 pitches, maxes out at 92 MPH and that's like Gallardo throwing 95. 

He's a control pitcher who sets hitters up with his pitches and hides the ball very effectively.  Hopefully he can have a turn around the league where people don't get a chance to see him twice and he can dominate.

I still think Fiers has a long career as a very good #4 type pitcher.  Just happened to have been needed out of the pen when we were using a 4 man rotation(which by the way, could be pretty incredible if Peralta can finish that last inning like he starts them.  Gallardo, Lohse, Estrada(most underrated Brewer and a very good Burgos comparison) and Wily Peralta).  Get those 4 going and then the BP isn't nearly as overworked, whoever our 5th starter is has some room for error and a fresh bullpen....even though our offense is still very poor despite two big games. 

Stay within 4-5 games of the 2nd WC spot by the time that Hart and Aram are back and just maybe we'll get another one of those minor leaguers to come up and dominate.  My money's on Jimmy Nelson or Johnny Hellweg, but of course I do favor guys who throw 98-99 MPH. 

Not likely, but it's a dream.

Incredible how Marco Estrada has developed over the last 2 seasons. He went from a bullpen filler to a legitimate 3-4 starter.