Franklin Spring Showdown OLD-TIMERS format?

Started by ibkirch103, April 08, 2013, 10:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibkirch103

For the Franklin Spring Showdown (Friday April 12, 2013), what are your thoughts on the format for the tournament?

We are thinking of doing 3 - 1 minute periods (1-1-1) for us old folks  ::) as opposed to our usual 2 - 2 minute periods, but wanted to get the opinion of the participants/fans. 

Please let us know....

whatever

One 30 second period and I'd think about it...... ;)
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

Todd

Quote from: ibkirch103 on April 08, 2013, 10:11:38 PM
For the Franklin Spring Showdown (Friday April 12, 2013), what are your thoughts on the format for the tournament?

We are thinking of doing 3 - 1 minute periods (1-1-1) for us old folks  ::) as opposed to our usual 2 - 2 minute periods, but wanted to get the opinion of the participants/fans.  

Please let us know....

Yes 1-1-1 get some mat wrestling in.  Have you ever run it on a Friday before?  It has usually been on Saturdays after the Freestyle session and at the same time as the Greco session.
"This page intentionally left blank".

ibkirch103

Yes, we ran it on Friday last year and we were pretty successful with it.   A lot of people commented that they liked it better on Friday night, because the tournament ends earlier Saturday.

digimon

Are the Winter boys going to lace them up ?  I remember back in the day - they were unbeatable at Old Timers Tourneys.

Wrestlingfan13

The one 30 second period could be very entertaining and get everyone in and out.... ;)

one min periods are doable !