Started by TomM, April 08, 2013, 09:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

npope

For many years as a young man I too felt myself to be special because of my membership in the wrestling fraternity - because of the journey I had taken and because of what I had experienced...

Then I got married and that nonsense stopped  ;)
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

wraslfan

The last company I worked for had 4 ex wrestlers working on their dock. This company measured productivity and displayed their production report from the prior day every morning in the break area / lunch room...the 4 ex wrestler's were ALWAYS the top 4 most productive workers.

imnofish

My son and his best man were wrestling teammates throughout elementary, middle, and high school.  They both rose rapidly through the ranks of big companies, due to their work ethic and problem-solving ability.  My son has often been told by his superiors that he is unique in the IT field, in that he has great interpersonal skills that complement his technical skills.  His buddy has had similar experiences.  They are confident that wrestling helped them develop those competencies.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

I ran across a company in the past year that gives wrestlers the first nod in hiring. The owner told me that wrestlers make the best workers and will work through anything.  On his application form, he had a spot that asked if you participated in high school sports and what sports. I found that unique.

Side note: it was an asphalt company.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

Our company does, A) because of me and B) HR managers husband was a wrestler.

imnofish

The Supt. who hired me was a wrestling fan.  I don't think that hurt my chances any!   ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!