Franklin Spring Classic

Started by bpappy, April 07, 2013, 06:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpappy

The Franklin Spring Classic (Freestyle and Greco for grades 3-12) is this Saturday, April 13.  Freestyle weigh-ins are from 7-8 am.  Wrestling should be starting at 9am.  You can register for both styles.  For anyone just wrestling Greco, weigh-ins are from noon-1pm and wrestling should be starting around 2pm.  We run 4-man round robins on 6 mats.  This is a USA Wrestling sanctioned event, it will be reffed by USA wrestling officials, and a USA card is required. 

There is also an Old Timers folkstyle tournament on Friday night for anyone 18 and over.  Information is posted in the Old Timers thread.

bpappy

We are asking that all wrestlers who are interested in wrestling in our tournament this Saturday enter their information into TrackWrestling's pre-registration system.  This will allow us to get started on time and have the tournament run smoothly on Saturday.  It is easier to delete any no shows that to enter the names, grades, and experience levels for wrestlers that show up on Saturday. 

I have entered the payments that I have received so far and I will continue to enter them daily throughout the week.  You can pre-register, check your status, and see who has pre-registered at the following link:

http://www.trackwrestling.com/registration/BasicPreReg1.jsp?tournamentGroupId=80804009

Just click on "Wrestler List" next to each tournament.

I have also noticed that a couple of the registrations were never completed and I received a few payments that did not have the wrestler entered into TrackWrestling yet.  If these wrestlers are not entered during the week, I will enter them after importing the pre-registration into TrackWrestling, but I would appreciate any help from those wrestlers/parents since we are having an Old Timers tournament on Friday night.

As long as your payment is received prior to the tournament, you may take advantage of the pre-registration discount. 

bpappy

We are up to 158 wrestlers registered for freestyle and/or greco. 

Last year, we had just over 192 wrestlers enter their information prior to the tournament, but still had to enter about 60 wrestlers ourselves.  The more wrestlers that can enter their own information now, the easier it will be to get the tournament started on time. 

If you enter your information into TrackWrestling, a weigh-in card will already be printed for you when you arrive.  Filling out the waiver on the flyer ahead of time will also relieve congestion at the doors.  We will have cards and waiver forms at the door as well, but want to make this a great experience for everyone involved.

Thank you for your help.