4 Homosexual NFL players to come out of closet?

Started by Scourge, April 05, 2013, 05:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Stormin Gorman was the best in my opinion.

By todays standards I think the manager would be hung from the raffters if they sent out a CF looking like Gorman!! Can you image the Brewers of today starting Gorman in CF ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I just about peed my pants thinking of it. But I have to love it because Gorman was the man in the day!!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

padre

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 17, 2013, 08:13:00 PM
Quote from: bigG on April 13, 2013, 07:38:31 AM
I can't believe you left out Don Money. The greatest.

Now thats the truth!!!!!!

Money to Gantner to Cooper,,,,,5,4,3 on the double play was something fun to be heard from Uke!!!!!

I don't think Money or Thomas had any racial problems when they entered the league.  ;D

littleguy301

Quote from: padre on April 18, 2013, 05:09:42 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on April 17, 2013, 08:13:00 PM
Quote from: bigG on April 13, 2013, 07:38:31 AM
I can't believe you left out Don Money. The greatest.

Now thats the truth!!!!!!

Money to Gantner to Cooper,,,,,5,4,3 on the double play was something fun to be heard from Uke!!!!!

I don't think Money or Thomas had any racial problems when they entered the league.  ;D

true,,,,they may have had an dyer fear of any excerise equipment though ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Houndhead

I'm still confused why G brought up Don Money's name on this thread.

Houndhead

bigG

Quote from: Houndhead on April 18, 2013, 08:39:23 AM

Yup, my favorite by a long shot. Growing up I thought the world of Don Money. Went to see him play at a young age and watched his career. I just thought he was cool. Working man's ball player. Unlike so many of today's great heroes you get let down by huge egos and showmanship; then a narcissism I'd rather not see. Don turned out not to be a jerk, but a superb coach who always did this state proud.

That's why I bring up Money. He was the kind of guy you'd want your kid to look up to. I'm lucky my baseball hero was that kind of guy.

Don Money, baby! Da greatest, IMHO.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Houndhead

Quote from: bigG on April 19, 2013, 09:10:10 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on April 18, 2013, 08:39:23 AM

Yup, my favorite by a long shot. Growing up I thought the world of Don Money. Went to see him play at a young age and watched his career. I just thought he was cool. Working man's ball player. Unlike so many of today's great heroes you get let down by huge egos and showmanship; then a narcissism I'd rather not see. Don turned out not to be a jerk, but a superb coach who always did this state proud.

That's why I bring up Money. He was the kind of guy you'd want your kid to look up to. I'm lucky my baseball hero was that kind of guy.

Don Money, baby! Da greatest, IMHO.

Ok, I went back and looked again. I understand now you were referring to scourge's list of great players. I thought you were inferring that Money was a homosexual(not that there is anything wrong with that).

bigG

Don Money was "what you see is what you get." That's one reason I thought he was the real deal.

A friend of mine had a bat once used by Money that was signed. At the age of 5, I still remember trying to swing that big ole chunk of wood. The mane was larger than life to me. Then , as I grew, tunred out he was just as great as I thought when I was a kid.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Getting back to the title of this thread, my first thought was, "Must have been one HUGE closet!"   :o
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

maggie

now ya got me think about money again  :) ..i wounder, what the vegas odds are on the packers picking a homosexual in the first 3 rounds. 500-1?  50-1? 200-1?...who knows, it might be worth a buck or 2... :o
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Todd

Quote from: maggie on April 25, 2013, 03:06:30 PM
now ya got me think about money again  :) ..i wounder, what the vegas odds are on the packers picking a homosexual in the first 3 rounds. 500-1?  50-1? 200-1?...who knows, it might be worth a buck or 2... :o

Well lets break it down.  Consider that the estimated general population that identifies as gay is around 10%, and figure that in the NFL it's probably only 3% of that, factor in that less than 1% of that 3% that identify as gay would ever come out I'm thinking the statistical probability of the Packers even knowing they picked up someone who is gay and out is slim to none. 
"This page intentionally left blank".

maggie

close to the By Area...must move that up a % or 2
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY