Could not have said it better....

Started by wrestler_73, April 03, 2013, 05:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: Barou on April 09, 2013, 10:45:58 AM
Quote from: imnofish on April 09, 2013, 10:34:01 AM
Years ago, I left a career in manufacturing to seek a career in education.  My buddies that stayed behind made a lot more money than I did, but I saw teaching as a better opportunity to make a positive difference in the world and live where I wanted to live.  I took a job as a night custodian at a school, to accommodate my college schedule.  Upon graduating, I took a teaching job hundreds of miles away, despite the fact that it paid less than my custodial salary.  Does my decision to leave that district for an opportunity that better matched my goals, reflect negatively on its leaders?  Absolutely not!  My point is that people set their own goals and ideals; then act accordingly.  Assigning our own agendas and assumptions to their decisions is illogical, inaccurate, and misguided, IMO.  Promoting unfounded, negative assumptions about the leaders they leave behind, as they pursue their goals and dreams, and blaming those leaders for the decisions, is nothing short of unfair.  Furthermore, to cast a negative public light on a program and organization, by repeatedly promoting gossip motivated by our own personal bias, is the epitome of selfishness. 

Some could argue that not everything is "unfounded". At least one former wrestler was straight up lied to during a recruiting visit and Donny s seperation wasn't amicable and to say he left for a "better opportunity" is ridiculous.

What constitutes a "better opportunity" is up to the discretion of the person making the decision to go elsewhere.  At any rate, what's done is done.  Continually beating this same dead horse does nothing to advance the program, but does much to harm its ability to learn from mistakes and move forward in pursuit of better results.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

wrestling for fun

Years ago, I left a career in manufacturing to seek a career in education.  My buddies that stayed behind made a lot more money than I did, but I saw teaching as a better opportunity to make a positive difference in the world and live where I wanted to live.  I took a job as a night custodian at a school, to accommodate my college schedule.  Upon graduating, I took a teaching job hundreds of miles away, despite the fact that it paid less than my custodial salary.  Does my decision to leave that district for an opportunity that better matched my goals, reflect negatively on its leaders?  Absolutely not!  My point is that people set their own goals and ideals; then act accordingly.  Assigning our own agendas and assumptions to their decisions is illogical, inaccurate, and misguided, IMO.  Promoting unfounded, negative assumptions about the leaders they leave behind, as they pursue their goals and dreams, and blaming those leaders for the decisions, is nothing short of unfair.  Furthermore, to cast a negative public light on a program and organization, by repeatedly promoting gossip motivated by our own personal bias, is the epitome of selfishness. 

Some could argue that not everything is "unfounded". At least one former wrestler was straight up lied to during a recruiting visit and Donny s seperation wasn't amicable and to say he left for a "better opportunity" is ridiculous.

I would argue that leaving for a $35,000/yr raise for doing basically the same thing...is certainly a "better opportunity"

imnofish

Quote from: wrestling for fun on April 09, 2013, 11:31:49 AM

I would argue that leaving for a $35,000/yr raise for doing basically the same thing...is certainly a "better opportunity"

Absolutely.  It should also be noted how many of these guys left for locations at which they have personal connections.  Many people return to communities where relatives and friends are more accessible, regardless of other factors. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!