162-0 BABY!!!!

Started by Ghetto, April 02, 2013, 09:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

I think there is no wondering about Gonzalez. What you see is what you get. Career .250 hitter, solid glove and gives a solid effort if he isnt hurt.

So if he stays healthy for the first month we know what we have, sub par if that is what you want to call it, but he will go out and play and give a solid effort.

I was on the Gamel bandwagon but I havent seen much more than a small sample of what he has. So to me he is an unknow factor that will miss another year and now he will be close to 30 and all we have is potental and not anything concrete.

I wish Gamel would have been a force by now but I also wish I had 6 pack abs, but are a mystery to me ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

Axford with another poor outing is scary.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Todd

The Axman Bloweth.  At least it really wasn't a blown save.  He just put the game out of reach. 
"This page intentionally left blank".

whatever

Does Axford realize that batting practice takes place BEFORE the game?
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

Scourge

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 03, 2013, 09:06:12 PM
I think there is no wondering about Gonzalez. What you see is what you get. Career .250 hitter, solid glove and gives a solid effort if he isnt hurt.

So if he stays healthy for the first month we know what we have, sub par if that is what you want to call it, but he will go out and play and give a solid effort.

I was on the Gamel bandwagon but I havent seen much more than a small sample of what he has. So to me he is an unknow factor that will miss another year and now he will be close to 30 and all we have is potental and not anything concrete.

I wish Gamel would have been a force by now but I also wish I had 6 pack abs, but are a mystery to me ;D

I think Gamel was a near LOCK to be at worst Lyle Overbay if he'd have been healthy the last two years. 

His injuries really suck.  Not quite Nick Neugabauer suck, but...suck nonetheless.

Scourge

Quote from: boowrestle on April 02, 2013, 11:26:58 AM
Gamel being out???Wasnt going to factor into season anyways,only thing that will stop Brewers from making playoff run is if Braun is out for major amount of time.

And why prey tell was Mat Gamel NOT going to "factor into the season," when he was slated to start AT LEAST the first 6 weeks of the season at 1st base, and was going to be our best bat off the bench? 

That's just...ridiculous.  I'm sure last year you were saying that Aoki wouldn't have factored into our season...or Fiers.  Can't stay healthy, but he can absolutely hit.

By the way littleguy, Gamel IS only going on 28(not quite 30).  So even though he'll be out for two seasons, he'll get a chance next year.  Would make a great comeback story.  You'd feel sorry for a guy with so much talent to not get a real shot due to injuries.  Though you can do worse than make 1 million dollars at 26 and 27 to heal up a torn acl! 

littleguy301

I thought I said going on 30. Being 28 is at least to me going on 30 without a full major league season without an injury.

Yes he has the talent and he will be cheap so I know he will get more chances to prove himself.

I am just saying I have only seen a sample of him at the major league level and hard to make a judgement on the body of work he has done. But it is easy to comment on the body of injuries he has had in his short career.

I wish him the best and hope he does pan out.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

mat time

How's does the 2 seasons of injuries affect his arbitration?
Gold medals aren