My puppy's 11th birthday today!

Started by TomM, April 01, 2013, 11:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Today (April 1) is Kiki's 11th birthday.
She has been the best dog for me.  She became mine in a roundabout manner... A buddy got her for his niece, the nieces mom has an aversion to all animals... so the puppy spent most of the time in the basement bathroom or chained to the water spigot in the front yard behind an evergreen... so the puppy went to live with my buddy.  He traveled all the time, so the puppy came to live with me much of the time.  She is extremely smart, so I immediately started her in all sorts of training... she did so well... she eventually began doing 'agility' courses, although we never did any competitions... she was instantly good at it.  Before my foot issues I was running/training for half marathons and she ran just about every mile with me.. no leash.. just ran right next to me mile after mile.  I could go on and on about how terrific she is all the time... every day.  I am very lucky to have her in my life and appreciate every day with her.  My best friend!
Happy Birthday Kiki! :0)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

Props to Kiki, and her master. Magical bond, it is.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Kiki sounds like an amazing companion!  Happy birthday to her (and many more)!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

Happy birthday to Kiki!!!!!!

I hope you had a fun day with your best friend, Tom.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet