Any Advice on summer wrestling camps

Started by bulldog, March 26, 2013, 04:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog

Need some advice from the group. The boys are looking at wrestling camps for this summer and they tend to like to try something different. We have done the Iowa 10 Day Intesive Camp and the J. Robinson Technique Camps in the past. Couple that they are interested in and I am asking if anyone has any experience or thoughts about these camps:

Iron Sharpens Iron Team Camp June 10-13
Northwestern Intensive Camp
Askren Takedown Kings

One boy is going into his senior year and the other is going to be in 8th grade. Your honest opinion. Both are higher level wrestlers and looking for a camp that when they are done they know they have learned something. I know...you get out what you want of a camp...I agree.

Any other camp ideas I would love to hear about them. Thanks

Dodge

Send them to the Askren Bros Takedown King Camp.  Our team had 7 guys attend the Alcatraz Camp at Whitewater last year.  Everyone of our guys improved over the 4 days of camp, and still knew the moves after the break for football season.

Ben and Max bring in a great team of camp counselors that consist of current college wrestlers. Also a key part of their camp is reviewing technique taught in the previous session and building onto it.

They break it down into check points that can help any wrestler.