Youth State History

Started by Chris Hansen, March 26, 2013, 08:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Quote from: Kevin Black on March 26, 2013, 06:33:56 PM
Tom and Nylla Hanson.  Their oldest daughter, Tiffany, graduated from B-W in '91.  They moved to Brillion and Joel graduated in '95 and Krista graduated in '98.  Tom and Nylla are in Madison and all three kids moved back to NW Wisconsin.

Thanks for the jog of the memory. I was thinking that Tiffany was a tad older. I remember her in High School at the same time as me. I believe Tom worked in River Falls, needed to catch a ride from him back in the day, car broke down on the way to my work ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

yaknowwhatimean?

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 26, 2013, 08:49:54 PM
Tom and Nylla Hanson.  Their oldest daughter, Tiffany, graduated from B-W in '91.  They moved to Brillion and Joel graduated in '95 and Krista graduated in '98.  Tom and Nylla are in Madison and all three kids moved back to NW Wisconsin.

Thanks for the jog of the memory. I was thinking that Tiffany was a tad older. I remember her in High School at the same time as me. I believe Tom worked in River Falls, needed to catch a ride from him back in the day, car broke down on the way to my work ;)
Graduated with me Littleguy. And my wife. ;D  Of course I was never in High School with you so it could get confusing.  Never new Tom was that involved in wrestling.  Nice to hear.

littleguy301

Quote from: yaknowwhatimean? on March 26, 2013, 11:39:20 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on March 26, 2013, 08:49:54 PM

Graduated with me Littleguy. And my wife. ;D  Of course I was never in High School with you so it could get confusing.  Never new Tom was that involved in wrestling.  Nice to hear.

I looked at the yearbooks and she was a fr. when I was a senior. I think you came a couple of years after I graduated. Still there was trouble to be had ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

thequad

People like Dave & Mary can never be thanked enough or given the credit they deserve.  People like this deserve to be in the national hall of fame.  I wish I could say that I have done a small fraction of what they did and are doing for wrestling.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

padre

Quote from: thequad on March 27, 2013, 01:59:43 PM
People like Dave & Mary can never be thanked enough or given the credit they deserve.  People like this deserve to be in the national hall of fame.  I wish I could say that I have done a small fraction of what they did and are doing for wrestling.

Agreed.  Amazing what Dave(with the help of others) has done.

the mayor

I think we are very lucky to have the entire Black family here in Wisconsin.  The commitment is amazing.  I know we appreciated both F & G tournaments, but when Dave brought in the Folkstyle is when WI began getting on the mat and map.  My youngest happened to be one of the champions that first year at River Falls.  It was so great coming to a state tournament looking at a 16 man bracket vs the 3 or 4 that we were facing with freestyle or greco-roman.  My thanks to the entire family, but especially Mr. & Mrs. Black for their commitment to WI Wrestling.  A special thank you to the keeper of the records, what a great post.
The Mayor
If you can catch the chicken Rock, you can catch Creed.

Greco

I really appreciate having all three styles for state tournaments now. Each style enhances your performance in the other. Look at the great dual teams we've had as a result in recent years. National Dual Greco champions! Look at what those kids are doing now at the college and Olympic levels.

Cow27

Just one question, Dave who took care of your cows when you were needed all over the place ?

crossfacer

Wow great posts, thank you for a great history lesson. We all owe a huge thank you to the pioneers of this great event. Thank you all for having a great vision and the tenacity to get this started. I would of never guessed this was how it started. All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you!

littleguy301

Quote from: Cow27 on April 08, 2013, 08:17:08 PM
Just one question, Dave who took care of your cows when you were needed all over the place ?

I think he kept selling them until he had none!!!!! ;D ;)