Sparks Announcing Matside at NCAA's

Started by digimon, March 25, 2013, 10:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digimon

It was my first NCAA Tournament and it was awesome hearing a familiar (Cheesehead) voice calling the play-by-play each session at the Wells Fargo Arena. At the Fan Fest they handed out small head phones that you could watch one mat visually and listen to the play-by play of another mat. Shane did a great job with his passionate words about each wrestler, the awesome stats, and a few personal stories with some of the wrestlers. Shane -  thanks for your time and talents. The after-match NCAA Champion interviews (my opinion) were weak. I think Sparks would do a much better job. What do you think ?

SSparks

Thanks for the kind words.  Great opportunity for me at NCAA's. What a tournament!

TomM

Didn't you also do the job of letting the refs know the time was up during the finals?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

wrestle03

Tom you just made me laugh out loud.  They couldnt find a skinnier and more athletic guy to let the refs know that the clock was nearing its end.
The guy they were sending out there was 50 pounds overweight and the only workout he has seen is at a buffet table.

Todd

Quote from: wrestle03 on March 27, 2013, 08:09:06 AM
Tom you just made me laugh out loud.  They couldnt find a skinnier and more athletic guy to let the refs know that the clock was nearing its end.
The guy they were sending out there was 50 pounds overweight and the only workout he has seen is at a buffet table.

Did he get the job done?
"This page intentionally left blank".

Swampy

"we don't do ourselves any favors.".... ;D

MAGMA

Shane-you do an amazing job with announcing and covering wrestling-I would love it if ESPN got you to do the finals next year. Your passion for the sport is greatly appreciated by the Wisconsin wrestling community.
Thanks again for all you do.