what are the odds?

Started by handsandtoes, March 25, 2013, 01:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handsandtoes

I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to (love to here your story) I got 2 boys wrestling at the state tournament and for the third time since they have made it they have both been wrestling at the same time. When we got there brackets first thing my wife says is look at the bout numbers here we go again one was 1099 the other was 2099. And of course I say they will be fine they will spreed out, but once again---Not side by side either, each end of the coliseum (mat 1 and mat 16) not once this weekend TWICE!! two completely different age divisions and two completely different weights everybody laughs when they see me running from one end of the coliseum to the other, and one even started wrestling without a coach one match. I'm not complaining at all I know they can't do anything about it but what are the odds with all the mats and all the matches going on. It's not the only time it has happened, at least 4 times at different national tournaments and one time they were both in the state championship match in greco. That one was side by side mats I just stood in the middle of them and said stand up-no not you-you flatin' out- no no you push him out, it was hilarious. Anybody else got stories like that?

sarge

happened to me as well only once this weekend,,  relied on other coaches /friends from our club to help out

kmoc33

Last year my wife and I were counting the matches all day and wouldn't you know it they always wrestled at different times until the finals. Luckily the matches were right across from each other and only overlapped by about 20 seconds. I would gladly have had to deal with that this year but unfortunately my younger son didn't make it. Makes me realize how lucky I was. But I agree its stressful when in the situation. I always feel like I'm letting them down by not being there even though I don't even coach most of the time. I generally just say motivational things or stupid things. Speaking of saying stupid things. I told my son this year with 18 seconds left and trailing by 2 points that he was drowning. His coach said why did you say that. I explained it came from a movie and that we always joke about it when he's on bottom and can't get away. Result he reversed the kid and went on to win in overtime. Maybe I'm the greatest coach in the world. :)

Stack_em_up

I feel I will always suffer from this as my 2 younger boys are close in age and weight! It seems like they are always up at the same time at any tourneys we go to. I felt a little bad this weekend...I was mat side at my youngest boys mat coaching him while looking down the way I see my older boy caught in a almost head throw 4 mats down! Heart failure! Younger boy wins his match so I threw his clothes at his coach and booked down to the other mat that had only 20 secs left to go with my older boy up with a score of 2-0. My younger boy was mad because I left his mat before he walked off  :-\. I don't think I will ever win this battle!