Brewers sign Kyle Lohse 3 years 33 million dollars-

Started by Scourge, March 25, 2013, 01:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSnide

Quote from: Scourge on April 04, 2013, 05:15:29 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on March 25, 2013, 01:10:54 PM
The Milwaukee Brewers have signed Jeff Suppan,Randy Wolf, I mean Kyle Lohse for 3 years, 33 million.

The Randy Wolf deal was a good deal.  He was a good pitcher for the most part the first two years and you almost ALWAYS have to pay for an extra year in free agency that you can assume a guy isn't going to live up to expectations.  Wolf was big for us in the 96 win season.

And I think Lohse is better than any of those guys at this point. 

I just wonder how long are we going to keep cheating our farm system?  We traded Brett Lawrie for Marcum.  That right there will go down as Melvin's worst move ever.  We traded a lot to get Greinke, but I think in Segura we got back a future start.  So I really think we got Greinke for 1 1/2 years and gave up a pitcher who's definitely going to be solid in Odorizzi for two who COULD be in Pena and Hellweg and then the difference in Segura and Escobar which was worth it.

But I don't want to see Braun just play out his career on an aging team.  I'm half hoping for a great first half from a bunch of our best players, but an average record.  Put guys like Aram, Weeks(my favorite player, but still) maybe turn around and trade Lohse...Aoki...and then really spend in LA and try and rebuild the farm system because the worst thing for a baseball franchise is a loooong slow death and it just feels like that's where the Brewers are headed right now. 

was just thinking/knashing my teeth about that trade the other day.  How good would a lineup of

Aoki
Weeks
Braun
Ramirez (I have him at 1st)
Lawrie
Lucroy
Gomez
Segura

look to start this season?  I also have us flipping Hart for pitching at some point prior to this year...
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso