Dake vs Taylor

Started by anoka114, March 23, 2013, 10:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Quote from: Rush66 on March 24, 2013, 05:22:52 PM
Quote from: uwgrappler on March 23, 2013, 10:35:10 PM
Leave it to NCAA wrestling though to not get the entire match in by the allotted time for the broadcast.  Anyone taping it, only got to see 1 1/2 periods of wrestling.  We wonder why they eliminate wrestling from the Olympics.  We can't even find a way to get the best match in over a dozen years in during the allotted time of the broadcast.  Nice job NCAA wrestling!

I recorded it and got the whole match.  What service do you have.  I use direct tv.

I hate and have Direct; but I did notice the nice feature that you can go 30 minutes beyond the recoding time. Used it for the first time yesterday.

I thought it was an excellent match. The whole 5th through finals I felt were just great. I'm EZ to PLEEZ, doh.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

leg turk

Quote from: MNbadger on March 24, 2013, 06:09:22 PM
boowrestle, Howe=NO chance to beat Dake

However beat him pretty handily at the U.S Olympic trials last year.   But, maybe it would be different in folk style.

wrestling for fun

Quote from: leg turk on March 24, 2013, 06:50:24 PM

However beat him pretty handily at the U.S Olympic trials last year.   But, maybe it would be different in folk style.
I dont remember Howe wrestling Dake at the trials..  I saw him beat David Taylor and Tyler Caldwell at the trials.

leg turk

well, maybe I am wrong then, but i swore he beat dake and taylor.

FinalWord

Must agree, and I could not find any Howe vs Dake in the 2012 trials.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

MantyShip160

Howe wrestled Taylor in the 2012 trials. Howe also wrestled Dake in a previous freestyle matchup and beat him. I do not recall the venue or year though?

leg turk

Quote from: FinalWord on March 24, 2013, 07:49:30 PM

Must agree, and I could not find any Howe vs Dake in the 2012 trials.

ya, sorry about that.....it was the 2008 trials.      look on youtube howe vs dake.      it might be a different result today, but howe beat him back then.

MNbadger

Howe won in freestyle, NO way he beats Dake in folk style.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

wrestling for fun

I think Howe beat Dake in the FILA University Freestyle in 2011

bigoil

No fan of Howe leaving but I absolutely don't understand the comments about how he can't compete with Dake. The guy hasn't lost a match he was healthy in except to Burroughs who he has pushed to the brink.

Ghetto

Quote from: howavi on March 24, 2013, 09:00:45 PM
No fan of Howe leaving but I absolutely don't understand the comments about how he can't compete with Dake. The guy hasn't lost a match he was healthy in except to Burroughs who he has pushed to the brink.

Maybe Taylor will move up to 174 next year and we can have another marquee matchup.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

dman

Quote from: MNbadger on March 24, 2013, 08:37:41 PM

Ummm....what??  Coocoo....coocoo!  I love how people disregard certain wrestlers when they haven't seen them wrestle in awhile.  People always think the guy they like improves and no one else does.  Howe does not lose to Dake.....period.  Good match, but Howe beats him no matter what style it is.....he is a world class athlete.....Dake is on top of the NCAA wrestling world right now and I love the way he wrestles but he is no Andrew Howe.

JapanMan

It's a rough one, but I think Howe is more physical than Dake if that's even possible to say lol. Many people don't realize that Howe can go toe to toe with Burroughs. He very well could of been the gold medalist last summer.
"All the training is kind of a love-hate thing for me,

hammen

Quote from: dman on March 24, 2013, 09:39:57 PM
Quote from: MNbadger on March 24, 2013, 08:37:41 PM

Ummm....what??  Coocoo....coocoo!  I love how people disregard certain wrestlers when they haven't seen them wrestle in awhile.  People always think the guy they like improves and no one else does.  Howe does not lose to Dake.....period.  Good match, but Howe beats him no matter what style it is.....he is a world class athlete.....Dake is on top of the NCAA wrestling world right now and I love the way he wrestles but he is no Andrew Howe.

You're right, Kyle Dake is no Andrew Howe. Dake has more than 1 NCAA title (not a knock on Andrew, just a fact). Any style they wrestle (Free or Collegiate) would be a great match. I don't really know who would be the favorite to win at this point. I guess we will see in the future if both can remain healthy. I imagine Dake will have an upper hand as his only focus is Freestyle now. I'm sure training with Burroughs during the Olympics was great experience for him, and I can't imagine his gains from training 100% freestyle.

littleguy301

I think we all know that Howe and Jordan B go toe to toe on the mat. I have seen it a couple of times in both styles.

I also though that Dake trained with Jordan B this past summer for the Olympics and Jordan B just gushed about how good Dake was and how he pushed him in every phase of wrestling.

While I dont know who would be the favorite between Dake or Howe but I do know it would/will be fun if it happens ;D

The only thing I can say for certain is what has happened.

Dake is a 4 time national champ at 4 different weights.

Howe is a 1 time champ thats career in college has taken many, many different twists. I hope he can figure out what he is going to do next year and gets back on the stand.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet