Dake vs Taylor

Started by anoka114, March 23, 2013, 10:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anoka114

Was expecting a good match. Lot of stalling by Dake. Sucks for wrtestling.

Ghetto

That's how Dake wrestles. Taylor wasn't able to create enough movement to get Dake out of his positions.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

tbone

1st stall should've come about 20sec. earlier. But like the saying goes defense wins championships and Dake had it.

woody53

Totally disagree anoka. great match. great individual accomplishment. Sucks for wrtestling (sp.) I don't think so. Exactly what our sport needs.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

bigoil

13 seconds of mat wrestling won, imagine that. He dominated, not by stalling and I have Taylor in the pool I'm in.

hammen

Quote from: howavi on March 23, 2013, 10:17:11 PM
13 seconds of mat wrestling won, imagine that. He dominated, not by stalling and I have Taylor in the pool I'm in.

No stalling. Great wrestling. I love the coverage and interview with Dake on ESPN a few mins after. What great exposure for the sport. Such a great match and great finals. I have to think a lot of fans were on their feet just like I was during that match, whether in attendance or not. Man I love this tournament and this sport!

bigoil

Quote from: hammen on March 23, 2013, 10:22:48 PM
Quote from: howavi on March 23, 2013, 10:17:11 PM

No stalling. Great wrestling. I love the coverage and interview with Dake on ESPN a few mins after. What great exposure for the sport. Such a great match and great finals. I have to think a lot of fans were on their feet just like I was during that match, whether in attendance or not. Man I love this tournament and this sport!

I agree, espn gave him the spotlight on sportscenter.

uwgrappler

Leave it to NCAA wrestling though to not get the entire match in by the allotted time for the broadcast.  Anyone taping it, only got to see 1 1/2 periods of wrestling.  We wonder why they eliminate wrestling from the Olympics.  We can't even find a way to get the best match in over a dozen years in during the allotted time of the broadcast.  Nice job NCAA wrestling!

uwgrappler

Because can't imagine anyone would be taping the broadcast given we are dumb enough to schedule the NCAA championships during the first week of March Madness.  And we wonder why our sport is in trouble....

Ghetto

Quote from: uwgrappler on March 23, 2013, 10:48:55 PM
Because can't imagine anyone would be taping the broadcast given we are dumb enough to schedule the NCAA championships during the first week of March Madness.  And we wonder why our sport is in trouble....

I agree with that statement 100%. A casual fan is going to turn on the basketball tournament way before trying to watch wrestling for the first time.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

badgers

Quote from: uwgrappler on March 23, 2013, 10:35:10 PM
Leave it to NCAA wrestling though to not get the entire match in by the allotted time for the broadcast.  Anyone taping it, only got to see 1 1/2 periods of wrestling.  We wonder why they eliminate wrestling from the Olympics.  We can't even find a way to get the best match in over a dozen years in during the allotted time of the broadcast.  Nice job NCAA wrestling!

Go watch it on YouTube then! And to say we wonder why they eliminate wrestling from the Olympics because of that is funny!

imnofish

I thought it was a great match.  Dake rode tough and attempted to turn Taylor.  Taylor is very explosive and has great agility, but Dake is seldom out of position.  I really didn't agree with the stalling calls, but you have to hand it to the champ for riding a phenomenal wrestler like Taylor. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

anoka114

Woody you guys can keep believing this style of wrestling is good for the sport. I've noticed less people at matches and less kids wrestling. But I'm not in the circle here so my opinion probably doesn't matter. But thats okay I'll keep watching until it doesn't exist anymore. I'll also drop off the forum because it's not an open forum for open opinions. There's a saying that goes something like "If you always do what you always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten". Wrestling is at that crossroads.

CLC FAN

The NCAA moved the finals schedule to spotlight this match... they turned out the lights for the intro...  Dake got a feature spot on ESPN during March madness...  how is that doing whats always been done OR getting what you've always gotten?

As to the match itself, there was as much scoring in the first period of this one as there was in the last whole match!  This was Ali Frazer and you are hatin'  :o

Drivingforce

Quote from: imnofish on March 23, 2013, 11:18:59 PM
I thought it was a great match.  Dake rode tough and attempted to turn Taylor.  Taylor is very explosive and has great agility, but Dake is seldom out of position.  I really didn't agree with the stalling calls, but you have to hand it to the champ for riding a phenomenal wrestler like Taylor. 
Agreed, Dake makes you wrestle "his" match. Even for someone as great as Taylor, Dake controls tempo and he defends everything so well. Eventually he just wears you down. Taylor's worst enemey may be himself, he rarely goes the distance, he techs or pins everyone so fast...