Last year at youth state

Started by SI, March 23, 2013, 02:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SI

This is Mrs. Si. This is our last year wrestling at youth state.  Thank you to everyone who makes this tournament possible.  The westlers, parents, coaches, teams, workers, everyone!
As i sit up in section 330, listening to TP & Esco,waiting for my son's match, I reflect:
Close matches, over times, tears and cheers, podium pictures, Si's nerves getting the better of him, good food, bad food, cheap hotel rooms, friends...
All the irritations aside, i'm going to miss this weekend.  I realize my boys have grown into men, and wrestling has helped Si and I to get them there. :'(
Time to dry the tears.  His match is coming up.  I have to use the camera to read the jumbotron - Si won't let me use his glasses.  :)

padre

Great youth wrestling careers for your 2 boys....August proved you can wrestle at the upperclassmen weight as a frosh and Alex will do great things in high school also.

Si could have used those glasses this weekend as he kept walking by our section because he couldn't read the numbers.  ;D

It's been a fun ride and the high school team will reap the benefits....unfortunately I will have to look for another assistant but was grateful for the years of service by the whole family.

Vinsanity

Yes great wrestling family and good friends as well! And boy oh boy that WB bunch knows how to have fun after the battle is over! Thanks for letting us be part of it.