My kid did this at youth state.

Started by MOEGYMAN, March 20, 2013, 06:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SI

This is Mrs. Si - this is our last year at youth state.  Many mixed emotions!
Our first year at state (many years ago), Si walked in the arena, asked for directions, read the signs ( big arrows), turned and went the opposite way.  Fortunately I was familiar with the arena, and was able to keep everyone on track. :). That year the little one was ill, and now IHOP is referred to as IPUKE (before anyone ate!)

Quack

My son weighed in at 182 and wrestled in the 210 weight class. He told me his goal was to win at least one match. He ended up pinning the first kid he had, who had won his regionals. Goal achieved!! He went on to wrestle his next two matches on Friday night and lost them both. He was in them but just couldnt pull out the wins. Last summer my son had surgery on his foot because two bones were growing together and it would cause him to keep spraining his ankle. They actually had to cut one bone off and tried to wrap a muscle over the end of it to keep it from growing. From what we are told, the bone is growing back. His foot is in such pain he has a hard time even walking around. Pushing off is a real problem also. Yet he wouldnt give up and even when the last kid he wrestle kept lifting his bad foot (hurts to touch too) in a waist and ankle he fought thru it until the end. After the night was over and we were on the way home, he said to me how he was happy with what he did. And hoped the kids he wrestled and lost to end up doing good in the tourney.
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

ElectricGuy

Quote from: Quack on March 24, 2013, 11:45:59 AM
My son weighed in at 182 and wrestled in the 210 weight class. He told me his goal was to win at least one match. He ended up pinning the first kid he had, who had won his regionals. Goal achieved!! He went on to wrestle his next two matches on Friday night and lost them both. He was in them but just couldnt pull out the wins. Last summer my son had surgery on his foot because two bones were growing together and it would cause him to keep spraining his ankle. They actually had to cut one bone off and tried to wrap a muscle over the end of it to keep it from growing. From what we are told, the bone is growing back. His foot is in such pain he has a hard time even walking around. Pushing off is a real problem also. Yet he wouldnt give up and even when the last kid he wrestle kept lifting his bad foot (hurts to touch too) in a waist and ankle he fought thru it until the end. After the night was over and we were on the way home, he said to me how he was happy with what he did. And hoped the kids he wrestled and lost to end up doing good in the tourney.

You should be very proud of Andrew and how he gutted it out!   It was great to watch him and see his confidence grow!
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

LaValle

Quote from: Quack on March 24, 2013, 11:45:59 AM
+1 :)
A goal without a plan is nothing more than a wish