Food allergies

Started by Kjohnson, March 18, 2013, 06:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

http://dairyfreecooking.about.com/od/chickenturkeyrecipes/r/Creamy-Pasta-With-Chicken-And-Asparagus.htm

Made the chicken pasta asparagus for dinner.  Very good
My wife said it was bland, no way, not with 7 or 8 different spices. What she doesn't realize is it did not have: sugar, soybean oil, process flour, and I can keep going.  Your taste buds need to get use to a different taste.  If you don't believe, me look at the way we (including me) love fast food.

Kjohnson

are organic vitamins better than synthetic?
2+ months ago I got rid of my synthetic vitamins and started taking organic vitamins. My view is not weather to take vitamins or not, but are natural better than man made. I

Kjohnson

Going out to eat is not an easy task when trying to order dairy free & gluten free. Breakfast can be eggs (believe it or not eggs are not a dairy product), potatoes, and meat, no bread. Fruit is an option, but that is about it. Lunch can be a salad without dressing unless you know what

imnofish

Order a glass of ice water with a lemon wedge in it.  Maybe a few sprigs of parsley, too.  You should be safe with that.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Kjohnson

Quote from: imnofish on March 27, 2013, 09:40:48 AM
Order a glass of ice water with a lemon wedge in it.  Maybe a few sprigs of parsley, too.  You should be safe with that.   ;D

Sounds delicious  ;D

imnofish

Yeah, and don't forget to floss!   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Kjohnson

Visited my 91 year old mother and knew I would not be able to stay gluten free and Dairy free over the weekend. No way am I telling my mother I can

imnofish

Finding a realistic balance is the key to healthy, long-term change, IMO.  My brother-in-law became a vegan and eventually developed some related health issues.  His health improved when he started eating occasional helpings of fish. 

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: imnofish on April 01, 2013, 12:16:39 PM
Finding a realistic balance is the key to healthy, long-term change, IMO.  My brother-in-law became a vegan and eventually developed some related health issues.  His health improved when he started eating occasional helpings of fish. 

I believe that having very small portions of animal protien like a fish on occasion is fine it will provide a few nutrients that some people are lacking with a vegan type diet. With all animal products I believe it is about moderation... real moderation. The amount of cheese, meat, eggs we consume in this country is about 10 times what it was 100 years ago... the rate of cancer and other health issues we have developed in the last 100 years shows the results of our diet.

Problem many vegetarian types have is they are still addicted to sweets, like candies, cookies, cakes and so on... this will also kill you or create serious health issues. Again, moderation.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

bigG

I know a few vegetarians like that. No meat, but obese from Doritos, candy and other junk.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: bigG on April 01, 2013, 05:46:32 PM
I know a few vegetarians like that. No meat, but obese from Doritos, candy and other junk.

I could replace meat with birthday cake and ice cream....

a plant based diet and a vegan or vegetarian are three different things.

I am working towards plant based with very moderate meat and junk food. I believe I would be quite healthy, especially if I tossed in a few trips to the gym each week.

This week I switched to almond milk  ;D

imnofish

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on April 01, 2013, 06:17:44 PM
Quote from: bigG on April 01, 2013, 05:46:32 PM

I could replace meat with birthday cake and ice cream....

a plant based diet and a vegan or vegetarian are three different things.

I am working towards plant based with very moderate meat and junk food. I believe I would be quite healthy, especially if I tossed in a few trips to the gym each week.

This week I switched to almond milk  ;D

Love the almond milk.  We use that, since the Mrs. is lactose intolerant.  Personally, I like it better than moo juice. 

bigG

I just like almonds. Great stuff.

How's the almond milk taste. I tried that soy stuff and could have yacked. I don't drink much milk, though. I do like cheese; but more as a treat. I do eats me some meat.

My issue is that I eat well, but too dang much.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: bigG on April 01, 2013, 06:27:04 PM
I just like almonds. Great stuff.

How's the almond milk taste. I tried that soy stuff and could have yacked. I don't drink much milk, though. I do like cheese; but more as a treat. I do eats me some meat.

My issue is that I eat well, but too dang much.

almond milk tastes like almond flavored cows milk. You can also get vanilla and chocolate flavor. Has about the same amount of sugar as cow milk but more calcium. Some believe the calcium in cow milk actually draws the calcium from your bones.... based on studies. Turns out countries that have cow milk readily available and are encouraged to drink it... like the USA have a much higher rate of osteoporosis then those countries that don't consume cow milk or very little cow milk

bigG

I like raw milk. I wonder if the lack of milk power doesn't have to do with all the processing and pasteurization. Either way, I drink maybe a glass or two per week. Kinda like soda for me.

I do likes me some good cheese, though. Butter, too. This Amish butter, they sell at the local cheese factory, is amazing.