Food allergies

Started by Kjohnson, March 18, 2013, 06:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

Looks like my meals are now about the same, if I add something new I

imnofish

Quote from: Goat Roper on March 23, 2013, 10:17:46 AM
My wife has sinus issues and a mold allergy.  We had the HVAC guys install an ultra violet light after the AC coil.  It kills 99.9% of mold, etc.  For her it has worked very well.  1 year money back guarantee.

http://www.ultravation.com/

Thanks for the link.  What was the cost of this project?
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

jaguarwrestler

your doing great, I just found this thread

I love my meat, but the truth is if you give it up you will probably feel even better.

I have at least given up red meat.

I have replaced it with ground turkey, I use it for tacos and sloppy joe... cant tell the difference. Just because I dont believe red meat is good for you.... then again I truly believe all meat is not good for you, I don't believe we are made to consume these things but yet have forever.

I also love dairy but know that is another thing to stay away from

I think the real key is to get away from artificial flavor, color, sweetener.... processed foods, simple carbs.... and focus on things made from scratch from fresh produce, things made from scratch with natural ingredients. They say everthing you need is sold on the outside edge of the store, everthing in the middle is the garbage that will kill you... I think it makes sense.

I could clean up a lot in my diet and yet I have come a long way. I once ate fast food 10-15 times a week, had 80+ ounces of soda a day... so far this year I ordered chinese once and had culvers once... and I drink water, milk and oj... although milk and oj have plenty of sugar... who knew milk had 13 grams of sugar per serving?

I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Kjohnson

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 23, 2013, 12:58:38 PM
your doing great, I just found this thread

I love my meat, but the truth is if you give it up you will probably feel even better.

I have at least given up red meat.

I have replaced it with ground turkey, I use it for tacos and sloppy joe... cant tell the difference. Just because I dont believe red meat is good for you.... then again I truly believe all meat is not good for you, I don't believe we are made to consume these things but yet have forever.

I also love dairy but know that is another thing to stay away from

I think the real key is to get away from artificial flavor, color, sweetener.... processed foods, simple carbs.... and focus on things made from scratch from fresh produce, things made from scratch with natural ingredients. They say everthing you need is sold on the outside edge of the store, everthing in the middle is the garbage that will kill you... I think it makes sense.

I could clean up a lot in my diet and yet I have come a long way. I once ate fast food 10-15 times a week, had 80+ ounces of soda a day... so far this year I ordered chinese once and had culvers once... and I drink water, milk and oj... although milk and oj have plenty of sugar... who knew milk had 13 grams of sugar per serving?

The only part I disagree on is the red meat. Maybe not everyday and not have fat added to it.  But a balance between, red meat, poultry, fish and other protein  and not deep fried.  If I ever become Master of the Universe (my other posts) Fruit should not be bad for you. My brother (57 yrs old) is a Juvenile Diabetes since age 7 and has to watch his fruit intake, and corn. It doesn

Kjohnson

Quote from: Houndhead on March 19, 2013, 11:03:56 AM
On a related note, my brother started putting a spoonful of honey in his coffee about 5-6 years ago, and all his allergies have gone away. The closer to you that the honey is made the better because it is made from the pollen in your enviroment.

Bought a bottle of local Honey. Plan on putting it in my morning gluten free, dairy free protein mix.

Kjohnson

jaguarwrestler

red meat and dairy is more of an animal byproduct issue. Many experts say we should not eat something that comes from an animal. Many say if it doesnt grow from the ground we should not put it in our body. Fruit is good for you if you dont have a special condition, it does have sugar but at least it is natural and not a man made sweetener. It is all about moderation and balance, like they say too much of a good thing....

Many experts say animal-based protiens lead to cancer and heart disease.... and milk/dairy will actually draw calcium from your bones. Many think beef and milk have been propped up through marketing to help farmers but in all reality you should avoid these products. Not to mention how frequent we eat this and the portion sizes. Do you think your grandparents grew up eating double quarter pounders for lunch?

I watched a documentary, it was about the china study they did for 20 years. Their conclusion was people on animal-based diets had many more problems then those on plant-based. They studied in parts of the country that relied on the land for food and parts of the country that where more modernized. The modern parts had processed foods, more animal-based foods and more fast food type places. The modern areas had loads more health issues as compared to the behind the times part of the country.... it was distinct that the plant-based people where not only healthier but lived longer. You can read the book it gets 4.5 stars on Amazon with 1500 reviews "The China Study"... or if you have netflix the movie is called "Forks over Knives"

imnofish

Quote from: Goat Roper on March 23, 2013, 05:38:22 PM
Houndhead = Euell Gibbons

That reminds me...   Cattails are edible!   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Kjohnson

Weekend was good, stayed away from dairy and gluten both. Did eat a little junk food (sausage, kettle cooked chips). Now that I

bigoil

So......how you feeling? That is the point of this to see if the food you ate was having an adverse reaction?

Kjohnson

Overall all I feel much better, but that could also be the result of just watching what I eat and not so much going Gluten free and Dairy free. I do notice that I don

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on March 23, 2013, 09:18:59 PM

That reminds me...      The leeks will be popping up before too long!!

imnofish

Quote from: Houndhead on March 25, 2013, 11:50:11 AM
Quote from: imnofish on March 23, 2013, 09:18:59 PM

That reminds me...      The leeks will be popping up before too long!!

Mmmmmmmm......   leeks!  Great in soups and stews!

jaguarwrestler

Thought I had posted this but looks like it didnt work

for those of you with Netflix, watch Forks over Knives

also another great one to watch is Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead... this one got me to make some serious changes in my life.

One other change I made is getting away from teflon coated (non-stick) pans. I now use stainless steel. I had alway heard bad things about the non-stick coating... the straw that broke the camel's back was when my in-laws bought a parrot and the pet shop told them that if they used non-stick pans to cook that they had to make sure the bird was not in the room or it would die. So if can kill a bird I rather stay away from it.

Kjohnson

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 25, 2013, 03:09:11 PM
Thought I had posted this but looks like it didnt work

for those of you with Netflix, watch Forks over Knives

also another great one to watch is Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead... this one got me to make some serious changes in my life.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122