Food allergies

Started by Kjohnson, March 18, 2013, 06:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

Never seemed to worry about this in the past, but I was watching a PBS station and the person was talking about food allergies. So I thought I would give it a try and see if my diet has an effect on me.  I never thought it had, but you never know. So, I plan to give up dairy, gluten (wheat), artificial sweeteners, keep sugar low

Houndhead

On a related note, my brother started putting a spoonful of honey in his coffee about 5-6 years ago, and all his allergies have gone away. The closer to you that the honey is made the better because it is made from the pollen in your enviroment.

imnofish

Makes good sense, Hound.  Maybe I should try that.  I'm sick and tired of fighting allergies year-round.  Wonder if getting rid of them will help me get my sense of smell back...
Of course, in some instances, I might not want it back!   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on March 19, 2013, 11:50:10 AM
Makes good sense, Hound.  Maybe I should try that.  I'm sick and tired of fighting allergies year-round.  Wonder if getting rid of them will help me get my sense of smell back...

I think it would be worth giving it a try Fish. Plenty of honey producers in the state.

Kjohnson

Day 2
Breakfast: Gluten free Kellog

imnofish

Quote from: Houndhead on March 19, 2013, 12:06:43 PM
Quote from: imnofish on March 19, 2013, 11:50:10 AM

I think it would be worth giving it a try Fish. Plenty of honey producers in the state.

We have a Mennonite store that sells it, just a few miles from my house.  I think there's a family in Cameron that keeps bees and sells honey, too.  Does your brother just put it in his first cup?  I usually have 2 or 3 cups, but don't want to expand my waist any more than it already is.  Hate to spend all my money on a new belt!   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigoil

Three kids allergic to tree nuts (caveman can eat those) and sesame seeds.

One is deathly allergic to the tree nuts with a score in the mid to upper teens when .30 is a allergic, he has a 18.6.

smitty71

Cavemen eat more meat than that. :P
What I had I gave, what I saved I lost forever!

Kjohnson

Day 3
Breakfast: Toast and almond butter ( love the bread & Almond Butter), everything the same as day 2.
Snack: same:
Lunch: salad with chicken
Dinner: got home late and had a chicken sandwich w/ my mayo

Bought the Almond milk and it is much better than Coconut milk
Also bought Rice protein mix that I added as a mid morning drink. On sale and works out to be 0.30 per serving plus milk. Not a bad price for a Protein mix.

Trying to get  2-3 serving of fruit and my lunch salad has about 3-4 serving of veggies

Kjohnson

Day 4
Breakfast, snacks and lunch about the same as the last few days. Gluten free cereal and almond milk is a Plus. 
For dinner  We had Pork with a spread of mustard and herds then baked. I then fried Brussels Sprouts in oil and herbs. Very filling.

Look out here comes the week end, Fried fish

imnofish

Get a veggie pizza, or maybe one with pineapple on it.  Good stuff!

Kjohnson

Quote from: imnofish on March 21, 2013, 10:59:24 PM
Get a veggie pizza, or maybe one with pineapple on it.  Good stuff!

has to be Gluten free

imnofish

Time to start making your own.  Been through this years ago, due to some family health issues.  My wife, kids, and I had fun and saved money, while protecting our health.  We learned a lot too.

imnofish

Quote from: Goat Roper on March 22, 2013, 11:50:43 AM
UV light in your heating duct near the AC coil.  Wonderful for mold allergies.

Sorry to hijack the thread :'(

Interesting!  Is this a DIY project?  Hi, Jack! 

Kjohnson

Quote from: Goat Roper on March 22, 2013, 11:50:43 AM
UV light in your heating duct near the AC coil.  Wonderful for mold allergies.

Sorry to hijack the thread :'(

tell us more????