98-99 predictions

Started by fryguy518, March 10, 2013, 09:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICEMAN

Anymore predictions?  I think I might be 100% accurate with some after seeing some 8th Graders testing their skills at the Cadet level with 9/10 Graders. :D
Win or Lose like a Champion

ICEMAN

Quote from: ICEMAN on March 12, 2013, 05:30:31 PM
Here are my predictions  ;D

80 Phillips/Koontz x 2
85 Schoenherr
90 Klein/      :o Van Maanen  :o
95 Jenny/Ryan
100 Kauffman/Mocco
105 Shea
110 Bertrand/Shulfer
115 Cruze
120 Krein/Garcia/Winchel
125 Bahr
130 Johnson
135 Cadman/Rueth
140 Williams
145 Engel/Coffeen
150 Persike/Kitslaar
160 Belongia/Hahn
175 Bornbach
190 - 270 ??
Congrats Boys!  11 of my picks pulled it off. Can't wait to see these guys in HS next year.
Win or Lose like a Champion

fryguy518

Good job ICEMAN, but you picked 2 boys at 10 of the 17 predictions.  I only picked 1 in this age group,  Dalton Hahn from Reedsburg and nobody scored a point on him all weekend. I did see that your also were the only other to mention him in this so called toughest weight. Also seen some other real tough soon to be High Schoolers. 

walkd

Quote from: walkd on March 13, 2013, 11:28:07 PM
I would like to predict all the weights correctly, but I can't and I doubt anyone else can. A lot of it depends on the bracket setup and match ups. The bracket I am most familiar with is pretty even and hard to predict. I hear a lot about Jeremy Schoenherr, strong and dedicated, yet we have never seen him wrestle. Scharenbrock is another name and has past credentials at state and beyond. We have finished second the past two years and you might say we are a favorite. The reality is, there are quite a few wrestlers that are very equal in talent and quite seasoned. Most did not place last year at state, yet I know they are very talented and have been for some time. The best wrestler on a certain weekend, day, hour will prevail. May all the kids enjoy the experience, it is truly a one of a kind.
We feel very fortunate to have finished second in this 85 lb bracket. All the kids that placed could have finished in a different order on a different weekend. Daniels was a tough match and almost gave me a coronary. Dolota caught Schoenherr and took out the possible favorite. Schoenherr looked like a beast after that match. Scharenbrock was the champ and deserved it. Logan had him in his signature move (cradle) and could not turn him. Great close matches and outstanding talent top to bottom.
I would also like to commend all the parents, coaches and wrestlers in this bracket. I saw nothing but good sportsmanship. Many of these kids were engaging and are genuinely good kids. Congrats to all and thanks for an enjoyable weekend.

Beast99

Nice predictions Iceman - sorry Belongia let you down.  Perhaps next year when Belongia is in 8th grade he can make your prediction come true but only in a heavier weight class. If only he wrestled all year.   That prediction might have come true as a 7th grader. See you in 2014.