Got to finish that!! Graff/Ramos

Started by badgerguy, March 09, 2013, 06:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stbird

Wow, Graff scores 2 takedown and 2 reversal and gets called twice for stalling.  Terrible shame the refs and crowd took the win away from Graff!  Unbelievable!

My2sense

There seems to be many matches were a wrestler scores the first points and then shuts down. If that is a good decision or a bad one depends on which ref you get. I think we have all been told to not let the ref decide your match.why some wrestlers do , I don't know?

npope

Quote from: billymurphy on March 22, 2013, 10:49:04 PM
I was worried for Graff. Even after giving up a stall point he continued to back up continually.  He is Dang lucky the ref did not just hit him with another stall call and end the match.  Graff needs to hold his ground once the ref has warned him for stalling.  Do not back straight up or he will get nailed.  Graff is the better wrestler, always has been, but Graff needs to take it to Ramos for all seven minutes or he will never make the NCAA finals.  Graff did this against Long of Penn State in the Big finals too.

Exactly! Two years ago at the Big Tens (the first time I saw Graff wrestle) he employed a similar strategy when he wrestled Ramos and Long. Davis seemed livid with Graff after the Ramos match at that time (Graff won in SV in the semis). Looks like Graf (and the coaches?) went back to that strategy here. Maddening. At the very least, the Badgers should send Graff to acting school in the off-season so that he can disguise it better. Truly a shame, as Tyler would clearly seem to be the wrestler with the better skill set.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

DocWrestling

More wrestlers are adopting the Howe and Dake style and not enough wrestlers getting after it like Taylor.  Conservative wrestling is mighty boring.

Tonights match between Dake and Taylor will be that contrast in styles.  Taylor says he is going to make it high scoring and not like the 3-2 match earlier this year.  I guess we will see.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

boowrestle

Taylor by 3/4pts over Dake tonight!No 4 timer tonight!!!No iam not a Taylor fan,personally i think both Taylor and Dake are lucky that Howe is not there.
you can run but you cannot hide.

DocWrestling

No matter what happens, what Dake has done is absolutely amazing and hopefully will give more college wrestlers the confidence to move up.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 23, 2013, 01:08:33 PM
No matter what happens, what Dake has done is absolutely amazing and hopefully will give more college wrestlers the confidence to move up.

If Dake wins tonight he is on the top on my list of best college wrestler ever.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Drivingforce

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 23, 2013, 01:42:04 PM

When he wins tonight...it will be very difficult to argue the point. 4 titles in 4 different weight classes. Amazing!

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Drivingforce on March 23, 2013, 01:59:02 PM
Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 23, 2013, 01:42:04 PM

When he wins tonight...it will be very difficult to argue the point. 4 titles in 4 different weight classes. Amazing!

and no redshirt
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Scourge

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 23, 2013, 07:01:23 AM
More wrestlers are adopting the Howe and Dake style and not enough wrestlers getting after it like Taylor.  Conservative wrestling is mighty boring.

Tonights match between Dake and Taylor will be that contrast in styles.  Taylor says he is going to make it high scoring and not like the 3-2 match earlier this year.  I guess we will see.

I now realize why you're seldom happy with how things are in wrestling if you view Dake and Howe's style of wrestling as "boring.

DocWrestling

Quote from: Scourge on March 23, 2013, 02:51:08 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on March 23, 2013, 07:01:23 AM

I now realize why you're seldom happy with how things are in wrestling if you view Dake and Howe's style of wrestling as "boring.

I find it to be interesting and strategic.  My point is in marketing the sport.  I cannot get anyone that is not a psycho wrestlling nut like me to watch a match with me because they find it boring even if I am explaining in my best Shane Sparks fashion.

Would things be different if we simply had an untimed match with the first one to ten points wins?  seven points?