Challenger to Cael/PSU/NLWC

Started by rjchev141, Yesterday at 03:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theox, imwi, Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, rjchev141 (+ 1 Hidden) and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Healthy and happy

Quote from: BadgerOne on Today at 09:25:10 AM
Quote from: Ledger on Today at 07:55:00 AM
Quote from: BadgerOne on Yesterday at 07:24:23 PMAll you need is a rich backer, convince them to support college wrestling if they aren't fans already and let them pick the coach:

Elon Musk and other wealthy Stanford alums, Stanford
Phil Knight, Oregon State
Warren Buffet, Nebraska
Walton family, Little Rock

Of course Wisconsin has its share of wealthy people who Bono should be wining and dining: John Menard, Diane Hendricks, Judy Faulkner, James Cargill, Helen Johnson-Leipold, Curtis Johnson, Fisk Johnson, Richard & Elizabeth Uihlein, Herb Kohl

Jump Around!

Elon didn't go to Stanford (he applied, but never entered) and Phil Night went to Oregon.  Also, Herb Kohl would be a long shot LOL.
Elon did attend Stanford but dropped out after two days.  :P   The only D1 wrestling program in Oregon is Oregon State.  Herb died without any spouse or children, and not too long ago.  Bono should have schmoozed Herb and become besties with him instead of going on 100 mile jog/walkathon and UW could have a nice spanking new Herb Kohl wrestling center in the works.
Badger One your comments are entertaining but a little out of touch.  Nice talk with little understanding of the reality of college athletics.  Any big time donor would be contacted by the AD of external affairs office and would be "schmoozed" to give money to 4-5 other sports before wrestling.  What wrestling needs is a big time donor that has some interest and/or connection to wrestling!

rjchev141

This conversation keeps steering toward money first.  I'm making the argument that money is a secondary priority.  Iowa is the proof.  They seem to focus on the money, which in turn helps them recruit people focused on money, instead of reaching the top.

Another example, when UW leadership's priorities align with mine, I'll start contributing again.

blastdouble

Quote from: BadgerOne on Yesterday at 04:39:43 PMIf Bono only lived up to his promises when he took the job, UW would be that challenger.  Bono said he'd close the borders if he got the job.  Now if UW had KOT, Keckeisen, Mesenbrink, Sinclair, Buchanan, Hopke, Mirasola, Mirasola etc., we'd be as good as any team not named Penn State.  C'mon Bono live up to your word and no more excuses.

I think this ignores Bono's inability to develop talent that we have or have gotten. I am not confident that we would be in a much different spot even if we had landed half of those guys.