Got to finish that!! Graff/Ramos

Started by badgerguy, March 09, 2013, 06:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerguy

Ramos with NO shots all match and defends off a deep single by Graff with about 30 seconds left in the match for the takedown. Gosh darn it!

badgerguy

Should mention Ramos won 3-1 with the late TD.  :'(

BuckyMatt

Gotta finish when you are in that deep!!! Hopefully he gets another shot at him at NCAA's!!!

Scourge

Quote from: BuckyMatt on March 09, 2013, 07:32:28 PM
Gotta finish when you are in that deep!!! Hopefully he gets another shot at him at NCAA's!!!

I can't think of anything that would have been better than Graff winning that match.  On "thewrestlingtalk.com," the website my cousin set up, the Iowa blubbering is just incessant.  So...GREAT to see him wrestle him close at least, but to see him win would have been absolutely amazing.

Briopiate

looked like Ramos was waiting for that shot..he seemed content to to not attempt any offense of his own...sucks because that was a beautiful shot!...Here's to hoping that Steiber wipes that stupid sneer off of Ramos' mug with a good beating..

Scourge

Quote from: Briopiate on March 09, 2013, 07:55:25 PM
looked like Ramos was waiting for that shot..he seemed content to to not attempt any offense of his own...sucks because that was a beautiful shot!...Here's to hoping that Steiber wipes that stupid sneer off of Ramos' mug with a good beating..

Yeah, all I've heard is how Ramos is the most dominant wrestler in the country this year..etc..etc...and it's on themat, and every other forum as well. 

Yet he didn't wrestle Steiber or Graff in the B10's.

Great wrestler, don't get me wrong, but no Taylor, Dake, etc..etc..

I have him taking a 5th this year at the D-1's.

whatever

While Ramos was always in the future, was it just me or did he take zero shots?

They both looked they knew Ramos had awesome shot defense.....
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

billymurphy

Just amazing defense by Ramos on that takedown attempt by Graff.  Graff looked to be in good position

npope

In all fairness, Graff only took two legitimate shots to Ramos' zero. Seemed like it was Graff's strategy to put all his eggs in one basket in taking a single shot near the end of the match. Ramos on the other hand seemed very comfortable with the idea of overtime. But Graff is right there with Ramos. Next time...
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

dad 2 5

Quote from: Scourge on March 09, 2013, 07:35:54 PM
Quote from: BuckyMatt on March 09, 2013, 07:32:28 PM

I can't think of anything that would have been better than Graff winning that match.  On "thewrestlingtalk.com," the website my cousin set up, the Iowa blubbering is just incessant.  So...GREAT to see him wrestle him close at least, but to see him win would have been absolutely amazing.

+1

bigG

For all his show, Ramos is just a long second fiddle to Stieber who is always trying to penetrate on feet, turn on top, and get to his feet on bottom. last time Stieber beat him, he shot his mouth off. This time, he seemed to take it like a good boy.

Props to class acts like many of the boys from WI showed. Must have been heck for Sueflohn to take that pin. I didn't see him have a fit. He sure is relentless. Love to see that.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

leg turk

I honestly think Graff learned a lot from this match, and he will knock him off at the NCAA's.   I don't know if he can beat Steiber though, that guy is something else.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

npope

Graff has received so little recognition as a challenger to those two - I would be extremely pleased to see Graff knock off Ramos. We all know they are close - this consistent banter on the national forums that the title is between Ramos and Stieber really makes me hope Graff does his thing tonight and they just shut up.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

jaguarwrestler

when I saw TG at 141 I thought he had a decent chance to be champ, now I only see 2nd or 3rd... hope I'm wrong... I at least would like to see him have a shot at Stieber
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!