Think about what you just said

Started by Kjohnson, February 28, 2013, 10:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

I do advise wrestlers not to overthink. Train hard so you don't have to. You train yourself to react correctly if you train correctly. So, when the match comes, you react.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

chrisber

QuoteI do advise wrestlers not to overthink. Train hard so you don't have to. You train yourself to react correctly if you train correctly. So, when the match comes, you react.

That sounds remarkably Biblical (Proverbs 22:6). Some might call it child abuse (I don't). 
1 John 2:22, 2 Timothy 3:1-9

bigG

Sounds like training to win, to me.

People think I'm ticked at the conquistadors for burning the Mayan codices among many other priceless works. I am. I don't necessarily equate those men to good Christians; but much of their justification was carrying on their own Christian enlightenment. I would say it displayed quite the opposite and many a Christian thought they were wrong for doing it; even back in the day. Bernardino de Sahagun was a friar who reported what happened and showed a voice of repulsion to what the Conquistadors had done. Many Jesuits rightly spoke out against the slavery that was going on. I find the balance interesting and I see how that balance tends to balance things out over time. You see a lot of this in the Muslim spring, among other religious movements that involve politics and the religion they seem to contain, or don't.

As far as eternity, I think it not reserved just for Christians, rather is unavoidable per our nature; thus many religions see the life in rocks, soil, air, etc., which essentially have the past living in them.

chrisber

bigG

I guess I just don't want it; nor do I wish to seek Him. He's easy enough to find without looking. In fact, he can't be found by looking. Through seeking to be more like Him, I feel I run into to Him regularly. Some Christians doth protest too much, me thinks.

chrisber

QuotePosted by: bigG
Insert Quote
I guess I just don't want it; nor do I wish to seek Him. He's easy enough to find without looking. In fact, he can't be found by looking. Through seeking to be more like Him, I feel I run into to Him regularly. Some Christians doth protest too much, me thinks.

bigG

Aaawwe!! Don't feel bad Rope. I like your debate style. Fortunately my faith in your powers of judgement are nowhere near as strong as Chris's faith in his God. We were having a civil chat. Please don't ruin it with your one-tooth (lack of) style. There's always some Goat Roper out there who has nothing to say; but can't hush himself.

Do you have anything to add to the debate?

chrisber

Goat Roper, I cannot accept your praise, Praise God! Your comments have tested me far more than BigG. 

chrisber

I have hesitated to answer your question and gave BigG some time to answer it himself (However, it seems that you wanted me to answer). It

bigG

Quote from: Goat Roper on March 22, 2013, 03:13:40 PM
I just question "g" when he refers to GOD as "She" and in another post as "He".  Is he claiming GOD is both?

Do you think God has a sex or has sex?

I suppose you think Teletubbies do, too.

Nor do I believe hat God is masculine nor feminine, Chris. Mind you my argument with Quetzalcoatl has been one of differing between the kind that took that name and the God as is outlined by the Maya.

I believe God as spirit also, and can't put a fictional/non-fictional label on such accounts.

"yah, I wish I knew the Bible as much as chrisber.  Unfortunately, I know as little as you do Cry."

I doubt most of us know what we wish we did; including Chrisber.

Stubborn as a mule, steadfast as a dog. I have strong faith. Sadly, more in people than books. A price I have paid. Perhaps where nothing ends, heaven begins. You can have some of my lunch, Goat. Never been hurtin' for food.
I don't claim God as both, I believe God is neither.

chrisber

BigG after analyzing some of your discourse (as it appears on this forum), I have come to some understanding as to your overall belief system. Your beliefs appear similar to Taoists, Deists, Myans and Transcendentalists etc. of past ages (

bigG

I'll come clean at this point. I was lost and looking at a time. I felt I had not course. I spoke to one Jesuit in Ecuador, who, by chance, I had a breakfast with. We talked about small things. We talked about the middle. I was teetering on my existence. Finally he said the words I needed to hear : "God is love." Right he was. God is love.  That's my only true belief, to this day. No books, no philosophy. God is love. Jesus was the perfect vehicle for that thought. Though I might not believe He was son of God. But God is love and Jesus took it to the physical. Took it  to humanity, as did Lao Tzu, Mohammad, Siddhartha, etc. Even Gandhi. This is why I live for their words. The simple fact that may happiness rests in the hands of my brother(sister). Love has no gender, neither does God. this is the spirit in which I believe. Quote who you wish; God=Love. That's not to say anything beyond that is hate (like GW might say). Nope, God is Love. Do I have it in me to live by those three words? Hope so, but I'll always fall short.

chrisber

bigG

chrisber

It is finished (John 19:30)  Τελέω !