New Puppy

Started by littleguy301, January 30, 2013, 11:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

Quote from: wraslfan on February 13, 2013, 06:18:04 PM
Good Bulldog names I've heard: Bubba, Bruno, Brutus, Jake, Thor and Mack.

Clyde, Cleetus, Winston, Roxy are other good names ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

I was hoping someone would appreciate that. My mutt is great home alone. My pal, Caleb, has two locks on all the windows I his house. The dog has blasted through his kitchen door and eaten through three windows already. Windows ain't cheap. I guess my dog being just stupid ain't so bad.

I still kinda like Tank. Love that guilty look.

littleguy301

That is good big g!!!!!

Ya that dogs knows he did wrong.

Tank is a good name for that dog, though I was also thinking dozer would fit. My daughter says I should name the new one stain,,,,,,,now since she is 22 I still explained that I am her dad though I had to laugh ;)

imnofish

Dogs know when they go against house rules.  Ours uses the training pads, when home alone, and is very good about it.  However, if she has an accident, all I have to say is, "Who pottied on the rug?" and she leaves the room (often hiding under the bed).  Then she often sulks for the next hour or so, off by herself.  At least she quit eating my wife's shoes and my laptop cord...   :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

head57

I'm guess you dog has been named already, but I want to cast a vote for slightly antiquated human names.

My 1 1/2 golden retriever is named Marvin.  People get a chuckle out of it and I haven't run into a dog with the same name yet! I think Sylvester, Lawrence, and Ronald would be cool names too.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

bigG

I love that. My son's firebelly toad was Karen. Named it himself.

I like Polish names "Stauch" pronounced /Stah-sh/. I also like "Bluto."

littleguy301

We should be getting the new pup anytime now. I went out and bought a collar and leash to go along with the new name tag and name,,,,,Sir Vincent.

We are also trying something new at least to me, we are going to try to potty train the little guy in a liter box. Since we will be gone for some time I figured that we needed to do something. Since my daughters dog is liter box train I have to try.

Should be interesting ;D

imnofish

We tried that, but our cat got confused and quit using her own litter box; the dog stole the cat's poop. Eventually, we had to buy a new shampooer and doggie dental supplies.  I think the key is getting them started early.  For some dogs, it works out great.  Hope yours is one of them.

Kjohnson

We have a doggy belly band. Used with male dogs. http://www.bellybands.net/

Do the training pads work with older dogs? We have a 2 year old and he is a pain when it comes to going to the bathroom

DrSnide

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 15, 2013, 12:54:58 AM
We should be getting the new pup anytime now. I went out and bought a collar and leash to go along with the new name tag and name,,,,,Sir Vincent.

We are also trying something new at least to me, we are going to try to potty train the little guy in a liter box. Since we will be gone for some time I figured that we needed to do something. Since my daughters dog is liter box train I have to try.

Should be interesting ;D

my brother in laws dog is litter trained - works like a charm.  Don't think I want to try it with my Golden and 2 Labs though.  Would need a much bigger litter box ;)
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

littleguy301

Quote from: imnofish on March 15, 2013, 08:13:06 AM
We tried that, but our cat got confused and quit using her own litter box; the dog stole the cat's poop. Eventually, we had to buy a new shampooer and doggie dental supplies.  I think the key is getting them started early.  For some dogs, it works out great.  Hope yours is one of them.

We dont have a cat ;)

littleguy301

Sounds like we can pick up the new puppy tonight.

Funny thing is my dog knows something it up. He saw the new leash and collar and has been staring my down for most of the day. Not sure if he is excited or peeved but I think he will like his new playmate.

imnofish

Quote from: DrSnide on March 15, 2013, 11:36:12 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on March 15, 2013, 12:54:58 AM

Should be interesting ;D

my brother in laws dog is litter trained - works like a charm.  Don't think I want to try it with my Golden and 2 Labs though.  Would need a much bigger litter box ;)

Got a spare bathtub?   ;D