New Puppy

Started by littleguy301, January 30, 2013, 11:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

With my wifes love of dogs and small dogs we tonight just put a payment down on a puppy. Never bought a dog before, usually adopted from the one we have now and the 1 I had growing up.

It is a pug/english bulldog with a 1/4 boston terrier.

My daughter got one 6 months ago and my wife just loves the little guy. Also my main man Digger seems to have grown a fondness for that little guy.

We held them but we cannt get them until the middle of march. He is only 2 weeks old right now.

I like the little dogs but deep down I love the big guys, especially in the country.

Though I will admit that while my digger has some tread on the tires, I couldnt replace him, it would be to hard for me. So going a different route will hold me over and some time in the future we will more than likely get another bulldog.

Now, I need some ideas with names ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

uncle Fester

I think fester would be a nice name
we didnt come here for a picnic

hodagdad

kevin or todd

giving dogs a human name can be fun.  i've had a todd and he was a memorable pooch, wish i could train another to be as good as he was!

littleguy301

Clyde, Clint, reggie, Humphrey, Vince and such have been talked about.

fester, on the ride back from Durand area I tossed in the fester for the name and the wife says no. I tried.

uncle Fester

tell her he could have a custom t shirt
we didnt come here for a picnic

littleguy301

Quote from: uncle Fester on January 31, 2013, 08:43:16 AM
tell her he could have a custom t shirt

I dont know if there would be on that small ;D

bigG

Just don't let an 8 year old girl name it.  :)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

I think Rex is good one.  Short and masculine.  Makes your dog sound like a real tough guy, even if he turns out to be a lovable a wimp.    ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

I do kind of like Fester. Does' matter why my dog's name is anyway. He responds to the plethora names I call him: bonehead, dipstick, dummie, shmithead etc. Kind of reminds me of the Bill Cosby shtick about how he thought his name was Jesus Christ because of how his dad addressed him and his brother. I'm almost excited for ya. I've never purchased a pooch, either. With the show up dogs in this area, I generally have more than I need. Had one we just called "ShowUp." Just showed up one day. Took him in, then found him a home. Great dog. Had another show up dog; beautiful chocolate lab. I thought for sure someone would be lookin' for this thing. Looked around town, read the classifieds, even put the word on the street (or County Road, in our case.) Nothing. Then one day a farm kid told me his dog was on his last leg and I asked if getting a dog already house broke, super sweet, good hunter, et.al. would help him out. Give him the trial run, and Marley (named before the movie ever came out) stayed with that family until two years ago when she was found dead in the barn after over ten years of ownership. Still, the farm dog life is about as lofty as any reincarnation goals I could have. I still remember stoppin' by to see her one day and the little kids of the family were all over her and you could tell she loved every bit of it. Nothing like the synergy between dogs and people. Magic. Other dogs have shown up, then their owners showed up a few days later when I got word or they got word. Elvis the bassett hound was a show dog and just made himself right at home here. I really liked that knucklehead (another of my dog's names). Tough to give him back.

DrSnide

My wife doens't know it yet but my next dog is going to be named Uecker or "Uke" for short but you can borrow it too if you like :)

Since I've got 3 right now hoping I won't need the name for awhile. 
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

bigG

DrSnide

Quote from: bigG on February 03, 2013, 04:32:03 PM
After the card game?

actually after the Brewer's announcer - spent years listening to him while working in the yard or when I was younger, at a job at a gas station.  Great memories.  But the card game just makes it more fun and applicable to my family.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

littleguy301

I like Saint Vincent. Vinnie or Vin for short. I have to have a voice for the dog and I do a great mob voices, Vinnie, vinnie,,you fail to understand ;D ;D or yo,,,,where my food (as if the dog was talking)

Some day I will get another bulldog and I want another white one and his name will be Magnus. After the stronge man Magnus Sammulson. My dog digger would have been a magnus but after his rough start in live I continued to call him by that name to make is easier on him. Though the last few years he usually answered to the name "Big Sexy"

Now that he is deaf, we can call him every name and he doesnt care though he still hears that cheese drawer at any time during the day or night ;)

I do like fester and I will have to think about that and how to approach my wife on that name.

wraslfan

Good Bulldog names I've heard: Bubba, Bruno, Brutus, Jake, Thor and Mack.

ROCKY3

Name the thing Rocky and be done with it......... 8)