Ice, Ice, Baby

Started by Houndhead, December 12, 2012, 01:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndhead

Made it out on the ice last weekend. Caught a few walleyes, nothing outstanding. 2"-4" of ice. Should be a good 5-6 by this weekend. Tis the season to be fishin'.

littleguy301

Quote from: Houndhead on December 12, 2012, 01:16:20 PM
Made it out on the ice last weekend. Caught a few walleyes, nothing outstanding. 2"-4" of ice. Should be a good 5-6 by this weekend. Tis the season to be fishin'.

I need about another 6 more to have me even think about drilling some holes. I like a solid foot before I drag that fishing stuff down from the shelves ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

My temp say 40 so I doubt ice is being made in my area with talks about same temps tomorrow.

I figure sometime in January.

Houndhead

Fished yesterday evening, and this morning. Between  3 of us, we had 9 walleyes between 19"-24", and about the same number of smaller fish. The ice is still only 2-4 inches, and with the rain today, I may be done for a week or so.

imnofish

What area are you fishing, Hound?
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

Quote from: imnofish on December 15, 2012, 10:36:33 PM

Does a successfull fisherman ever tell ;)

I saw some white caps on the lakes I went by, I doubt I will be out in the next few weeks.

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 16, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

I saw some white caps on the lakes I went by, I doubt I will be out in the next few weeks.

I just want to know if I should get out my 4-wheeler and ice auger, or my boat.  If it's my boat, maybe Hound will paint an X in the bottom of it, so I know where his secret spot is.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on December 16, 2012, 02:29:05 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on December 16, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

I just want to know if I should get out my 4-wheeler and ice auger, or my boat.  If it's my boat, maybe Hound will paint an X in the bottom of it, so I know where his secret spot is.   ;D

Ashland County, in the Butternut/Glidden area. The ice really varies from one lake to another, and even on the same lake. It rained yesterday afternoon, with a little snow this morning. I think the ice will be pretty iffy until we get some colder weather again.

imnofish

Thanks, Hound!  Not that far from my campsite and my brother's cabin.  For now, where should I place that X?   ;D

littleguy301

Sounds like in my area it is not going to be a good week for ice making.

I guess I better get in wrestling watching shape for some heavy duty bleacher sitting with the holiday tournies coming up!

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on December 16, 2012, 11:51:49 AM
Thanks, Hound!  Not that far from my campsite and my brother's cabin.  For now, where should I place that X?   ;D

For now, you will have to place the X where ever you can find safe ice.

bigG

Better get to poppin' them curds, bud.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

Quote from: bigG on December 17, 2012, 12:12:18 PM

dont worry,,,,had a good serving for lunch.

BigG,,,,you ever eaten curds with fritos? Man that is good ;D

bigG

Can't say I have. I'll tell ya one low calorie twists I have with them. I take homemade tortilla chips (the leftovers from last night) throw them in a deep baking pamn (5-6 inches deep take soem gravy and add pulverized ancho peppers to it, a nice loose gravy; nothing too think. Drizzle it all over thsoe chips. Cut up your favorite curds or cheese (muenster works like heaven for this) plop on top of the whole deal along with some thin cross cut onions, sprinkle 'em all over the top. Cover with aluminum foil, 250 degrees for 20 minutes to half hour, pop off the alum. foil and finish off with fresh cilantro and mexican table crema, Chilaquiles ia what it's called in Mexico. Amazing.

I'll also add whatever leftover meat i have on top of the tortillas shells before I back them. Chop up some chicken or pork.

Crema -1 cup heavy cream
          T buttermilk

You won't ever buy sour cream again.

Fritos and curds, eh? Sounds good.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bkraus

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 17, 2012, 02:45:34 PM
Quote from: bigG on December 17, 2012, 12:12:18 PM

dont worry,,,,had a good serving for lunch.

BigG,,,,you ever eaten curds with fritos? Man that is good ;D

You ever had pouttine?  I may have spelled that wrong.  French fries with curds on top, smothered in gravy.
Strive for Perfection