New puppy

Started by Houndhead, June 15, 2012, 09:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndhead

Just picked up a Boston Terrier puppy yesterday.

ROCKY3

Awesome dogs, high energy when they are little. You will not regret your choice hound. What's the mongrels name?

Houndhead

Quote from: ROCKY3 on June 15, 2012, 03:58:23 PM
Awesome dogs, high energy when they are little. You will not regret your choice hound. What's the mongrels name?

Dexter, he's ten weeks old and adjusting nicely to his new home.Really enjoyed the drive to Trempeleau to pick him up.Some beautiful country down there.

imnofish

Great family dogs and companions.  Congrats on a good choice.  Enjoy!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Nice pooch. Hope you get many years of happiness with him.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

I have always liked the Boston Terrior. Lots of enegry, maybe to much for me, though.

Good luck with the holy terror ;D

Side note,,,,my daughter has a rat terrior cross,,,,,@#$%$!@#$ is about all I can say but I still love the little degenerate ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Houndhead

Our previous house dog was a rat terrier, pug, beagle cross.Great personality, but way to much energy.

Houndhead

Happy to say that Dexter has been everything we wanted in a house dog and more.He is a very affectionate, snugly pup.He has his times of  tearing around the house, but for the most part is pretty mellow for a puppy.He has not really chewed up anything yet.He like to drag shoes around but doesn't really chew on them.He very seldom barks, which is a welcome change from the yapper we had before.We have not fed him any table scraps in an attempt to keep him from begging while we are eating.So far, he just goes and plays with his toys when we sit down for a meal.He is excellent with our 7 month old grandson.I'm not sure if all Boston's have a temperament like this one, but I would highly recommend one to anyone looking for a house dog.

bigG

I have yet to meet a Boston I didn't like. They are just cool dogs; and I'm no a little dog person. I know what Shitpoo that I'm ready to stomp at any moment. Glad your guy turned out. My dog is an important member of my family. I can't believe my guy is 7 years old. Kids still love him to death and he's my constant driving companion.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

Glad to hear the little guy is doing well and so is your family.

I personally like those Bostons.

I got some good news a couple weeks ago,,,,after badgering the wife for a another puppy and she has said no!!!!!! We went to the Minnesota State Fair and checked out the dog area and we saw a couple of French Bulldogs and she said yes to those dogs. So now our search has started for this winter because I need to be home to train the dog.

Man I think I am feeling your excitment HH ;D

littleguy301

How is the puppy HH,,,now that you have a few months under the belt?

Houndhead

Quote from: littleguy301 on November 12, 2012, 11:09:05 PM
How is the puppy HH,,,now that you have a few months under the belt?

Everything is good with Dexter. We still are not feeding him table scraps, and he just goes and plays while we are at the table eating. He really wants to play alot lately, but that's what puppies do. I think he is not going to like going outside in the winter months. Him and the grandson still get along great. They even share their toys sometimes. ;D He just mastered going up and down the basement steps.
  Are you still getting the French bulldog? If I remember right, they are a bit smaller than the English bulldogs. Is that correct?

imnofish

I think they bark with a different accent than the English bulldogs, too.   ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on November 14, 2012, 06:40:24 AM
I think they bark with a different accent than the English bulldogs, too.   ;)

They also run away from conflicts. ;D

uncle Fester

we didnt come here for a picnic