Wisconsin Boy Wins

Started by woody53, April 02, 2011, 06:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

Johnny Sauter did a beautiful bump on Kyle Busch, on the second to last lap, to win today at Martinsville. Short track racing at it's best.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

SPECIAL ED

What generation is this Sauter?
Ug, Home, and Lone, the Lee sisters!
-Bob Uecker

woody53

Johnny is just second generation. I believe he is Jim's youngest son. (I know I should know this for sure but my oldtimers is really kicking in)
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Todd

Quote from: woody53 on April 02, 2011, 06:22:39 PM
Johnny Sauter did a beautiful bump on Kyle Busch, on the second to last lap, to win today at Martinsville. Short track racing at it's best.

Agreed Woody!  Bout time.  Johnny ran 2nd so many times last year.  Good to see him on top of the standings even if it's early.
"This page intentionally left blank".

Scourge

Quote from: Todd on April 02, 2011, 11:17:39 PM

Agreed Woody!  Bout time.  Johnny ran 2nd so many times last year.  Good to see him on top of the standings even if it's early.

Would NOT have pegged you for an racing fan Todd.....

Always cool to see a Wisconsin boy succeed though...

Todd

Quote from: Scourge on April 02, 2011, 11:32:10 PM
Quote from: Todd on April 02, 2011, 11:17:39 PM

Would NOT have pegged you for an racing fan Todd.....

Always cool to see a Wisconsin boy succeed though...

My dad was a chief starter at many tracks throughout WI including Slinger, Hales Corners, Beaver Dam, Plymouth, Kaukauna.  My brother works in Nascar.  I've been around it all my life. 

Todd

I love local racing.  I grew up on Kulwicki, Musgrave, Sauter(s), Reiser, Kenseth, Trickle etc.  That's probably why Bristol is my favorite track.  Most closely resembles Slinger.

dad 2 5

Johnny is Jim's youngest of 13, I think. Some of his cousins are about his age. I was good to see him move up in the standing. Wins are going to be the key to getting a title. His brothers are Jay, Tim, Jim jr. At Milwaukee I think four made the race which was cool to see, Dad and three of the boys.

Todd

Quote from: dad 2 5 on April 06, 2011, 02:58:47 PM
Johnny is Jim's youngest of 13, I think. Some of his cousins are about his age. I was good to see him move up in the standing. Wins are going to be the key to getting a title. His brothers are Jay, Tim, Jim jr. At Milwaukee I think four made the race which was cool to see, Dad and three of the boys.

I was at that race and yes that was cool.  Wasn't that the race Teddy Musgrave won?

dad 2 5

age is in the way, in other words I cannot remember for sure. Lets see if we can pull it back together.
I think it was 06 when Menard got the pass coming out of two because 05 was the one in the rain that Johnny won. I think Hornaday won 04 and 99 was Atwood winning as the youngest, 98 was Jr and the bad won, sorry to have to bring it up, Trickle leading late reaches for a smoke coming out of four with two or three to go and the kid Buckshot Jones wins. Any of that sound right?

Todd

Quote from: dad 2 5 on April 07, 2011, 05:21:51 PM
age is in the way, in other words I cannot remember for sure. Lets see if we can pull it back together.
I think it was 06 when Menard got the pass coming out of two because 05 was the one in the rain that Johnny won. I think Hornaday won 04 and 99 was Atwood winning as the youngest, 98 was Jr and the bad won, sorry to have to bring it up, Trickle leading late reaches for a smoke coming out of four with two or three to go and the kid Buckshot Jones wins. Any of that sound right?

I was at all of those.  None of them infuriating me more than Bucksnot passing Trickle and I don't get to see Trickle win one of his few Nascar races!

dad 2 5

Johnny is on a roll. Hope he can keep it going this weekend at Texas.

Todd

Quote from: dad 2 5 on April 12, 2013, 09:12:38 AM
Johnny is on a roll. Hope he can keep it going this weekend at Texas.

+1

dad 2 5

Johnny was on a roll Sunday and was up front with a shot at it. Good run by his nephew Travis to win it. It was a good race.

Now, what do you think about Matt getting his fine and points reduced? I think it sounded like the right decision by NASCAR. Gets him back in the thick of things (4th in points)

Todd

Quote from: dad 2 5 on May 08, 2013, 07:20:07 PM
Johnny was on a roll Sunday and was up front with a shot at it. Good run by his nephew Travis to win it. It was a good race.

Now, what do you think about Matt getting his fine and points reduced? I think it sounded like the right decision by NASCAR. Gets him back in the thick of things (4th in points)

I think the initial penalty was totally out of line and not right for Matt considering it was the manufacturers fault and there is no performance edge involved with the infraction.  I haven't seen what the reduction is but if there is any suspension of the car/crew chiefs I think that's ridiculous considering that isn't a piece that is inspected by the team after receiving it from the manufacturer.  I agree with some points to send a message to the manufacturer.  Maybe what they should have done was to take away a win away from Toyota.