this weekend

Started by dad 2 5, January 07, 2011, 04:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

Huge Racers gathering this weekend in Madison at the Alliant (sp) Center tonight and tomorrow, auction, meetings, seminar...

woody53

Quote from: dad 2 5 on January 07, 2011, 04:58:43 PM
Huge Racers gathering this weekend in Madison at the Alliant (sp) Center tonight and tomorrow, auction, meetings, seminar...
What the hey! I didn't know about this. Thanks. I have to be at the Monona Terrace most of Saturday, I will have to stop and check it out. Thank you for the heads up.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

dad 2 5

NASCAR (k&n east and Nationwide) is next door in Iowa this weekend and Madison International Speedway regular season opener in Sunday afternoon. Lots of local track are up and running for the season. Get out to a track and enjoy the roar of engines!

dad 2 5

Madison International Speedway has Big 8, Mid AM and ASA truck Friday plus what is the biggest race track fireworks I know of. Dells has Super lates this weekend and there is plenty of dirt and pavement racing going on. Get to a local track and support it. Just like wrestling there are struggles with crowds and we want to get out to the local tracks and courses. Are you running this weekend Woody?

woody53

Not this weekend but the weekend of the 9th and 10th down at Blackhawk Farms.

dad 2 5

Good luck this weekend!

Heads up - Slinger Nationals Sunday with Kyle Busch (Matt K and Trickle signing autographs) Have not seen the entry list but usually loads of talent. Kelly is running too

woody53

Thank you sir. Just leaving for the track now.

dad 2 5

Super lates at MIS this Friday plus the other four regular divisions.

dad 2 5

This Friday night at Madison International Speedway is the annual Faster Pastor Charity Race. We are trying to raise funds for the River Food Pantry and for the Oregon Police Department K9 division. Hope you can join us and bring a friend, can goods, $... Come watch and cheer on the pastors and they wheel the 4 cylinder bandits around the quarter mile track. It is always a blast.

woody53

Might know someone in that race. ;) Looking forward to it. Then loading up early Saturday morning to go to Blackhawk myself. Full weekend of racing.

dad 2 5

See you tomorrow and good luck in your run at Blackhawk.

woody53

Great time tonight. Congratulations on your win Todd. The #5 car got a first and a third. Pretty good for a beat up Chevy. Thanks for all you do to make a night like this happen for the Pastors.

dad 2 5

Thanks Rich. It was a blast last night and I know both the River and K9 were very happy with what was raised. Of course my highlight was having the kid sing.

woody53

They did a great job. You should be proud.
The weekend didn't totally go as planned as I had a problem today in practice. Broke a left rear hub and launched the car out of turn 7. Saw sky and ground. Never went all the way over. What a ride. We were able to put a new hub and wheel on the car, but the brakes and suspension are toast. Car is not pretty. I did a start and park to get points for the season. Still leading the championship, but this hurt big time.
All in all, a racing weekend.

dad 2 5

Too Bad Rich but you know there are good ones and bad ones and there is the next one. Hope it goes better and you can keep there lead in the points.