this weekend

Started by dad 2 5, January 07, 2011, 04:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

Big 8 and Firework Friday at Madison International Speedway. They put on one of the best fireworks show around and the Big 8 should have over 30 teams.
Come enjoy some local racing!

dad 2 5

Only chance to see ARCA in Wisconsin this year.

ARCA at Madison on Sunday!!!

Ross K and Travis S will join them on their first runs in an ARCA car. The last two years have been GREAT races. Lots of side by side racing.

dad 2 5

tickets are only $25 and includes both Saturday (qualifying) and Sunday (race)

Todd

Quote from: dad 2 5 on August 21, 2013, 06:31:22 PM
tickets are only $25 and includes both Saturday (qualifying) and Sunday (race)

I really wish I could go.  Packer game tonight, board retreat for church & Mexican Fiesta tomorrow, and Hurling championships Sunday.  Ugh!
"This page intentionally left blank".

dad 2 5

It was a good race. Got to talk a little with Matt K and Kenny S.

Sunday is MIS last race of the season. And Slinger has Tundra and should have a 40+ super late car count.

woody53

Going to the VSCDA weekend at Road America this weekend. Great time to see friends and watch some awesome drivers and cars on America's National Park of Speed.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

bigoil

SHELBY AMERICAN SHELBY AMERICAN SHELBY AMERICAN SHELBY AMERICAN
1965-67 1968-70 1967-70 1967-70
GT350 GT350 GT500 GT500

Maybe ram will be there. 

I have a place there now but won't be there this weekend. Last weekend a parade of 100+ Porsches in town was so cool.

dad 2 5

great day - wrestling in for 2020; 2024 and got to see Richie Bickle in what could be his last win. What a way to go out at MIS today. Restart in second with 25 to go and hammered it in one and two and never looked back. On the other end of the time line was a young girl (Decker) winning the truck race and young guy (Talaski) wins the race and track championship. Congrats to Casey Johnson getting the super late championship and Jerry Wood in the truck track champion. They are going back to Friday racing next year.

Todd

Quote from: dad 2 5 on September 08, 2013, 08:03:27 PM
great day - wrestling in for 2020; 2024 and got to see Richie Bickle in what could be his last win. What a way to go out at MIS today. Restart in second with 25 to go and hammered it in one and two and never looked back. On the other end of the time line was a young girl (Decker) winning the truck race and young guy (Talaski) wins the race and track championship. Congrats to Casey Johnson getting the super late championship and Jerry Wood in the truck track champion. They are going back to Friday racing next year.

Dang it, I wish I would have known Rich was going to be there.  One of the first guys my brother worked for back in the #45 Miller Lite days.  Traveling with his team was, ehem, a wild ride.  My brother would later work for Richard Petty Motorsports and on Richie's #17 truck. I went out to Fontana to see those guys and on the way to the hotel I rode with Rich and my bro.  Heading onto the on ramp, Rich decided to give the other team members in the other rental car ahead of us the "bump and run".  I would have never of tried that because of fear of the air bag coming out but he knew the limits of the car and that bumper!

Did Richie formally hang it up?

woody53

Quote from: Todd on September 09, 2013, 11:48:14 AM

Dang it, I wish I would have known Rich was going to be there.  One of the first guys my brother worked for back in the #45 Miller Lite days.  Traveling with his team was, ehem, a wild ride.  My brother would later work for Richard Petty Motorsports and on Richie's #17 truck. I went out to Fontana to see those guys and on the way to the hotel I rode with Rich and my bro.  Heading onto the on ramp, Rich decided to give the other team members in the other rental car ahead of us the "bump and run".  I would have never of tried that because of fear of the air bag coming out but he knew the limits of the car and that bumper!

Yes, yesterday was his official last race. Cool that he went out in style.

Todd

Quote from: woody53 on September 09, 2013, 01:45:41 PM
Quote from: Todd on September 09, 2013, 11:48:14 AM

Yes, yesterday was his official last race. Cool that he went out in style.

>:(  Sorry I missed it.  :'(

dad 2 5

From what I understand Rich will finish the ACRA Midwest season (Elko and LaX). I have heard, but not for sure, that he will go after another National Short Track Championship at Rockford and that there is an outside possibly he will run for a seventh Snow Ball Derby championship.

So there is still time to see him race a couple more times. NSTC looks like a stacked field again this year. It will be interesting to see if he can defend his title from last year. Hoffman is in now, looking for #4. And there are a couple young shoes with shots, Casey Johnson, Mikey B, Steve Apel just to name a few.

woody53

So when they said it was his last race, they meant at MIS? Please tell me he is not going to do a Mark Martin.

dad 2 5

Bickle will run his last race at Rockford this weekend on Sunday. He will defend his title of NSTC and than the next weekend he will run Oktoberfest at LaX.

NO deal yet for the Snowball. Now it is a motor problem and some other details. Richie calls Rockford his home track (we all know it was Capital (MIS) Speedway).

Woody - your right, I hope it does not turn into a MM but it would not surprise me at all as competitive as he has been this year.
Went to Eklo last weekend. WOW, talk about a bad fast track!

Todd

Quote from: dad 2 5 on September 25, 2013, 05:54:25 PM
Bickle will run his last race at Rockford this weekend on Sunday. He will defend his title of NSTC and than the next weekend he will run Oktoberfest at LaX.

NO deal yet for the Snowball. Now it is a motor problem and some other details. Richie calls Rockford his home track (we all know it was Capital (MIS) Speedway).

Woody - your right, I hope it does not turn into a MM but it would not surprise me at all as competitive as he has been this year.
Went to Eklo last weekend. WOW, talk about a bad fast track!

Ohh, I need to find a way to get there.  My daughter was begging to get to Slinger this year and I made it once but didn't take the kids due to the late hour.  Maybe I can use that as an excuse to get the kids down to Rockford!

Elko?