this weekend

Started by dad 2 5, January 07, 2011, 04:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

The local racing season on asphalt starts this weekend at Rockford Speedway with a practice day on Saturday and racing Sunday.

This year's Spring Classic features the Big 8 Series; Mid American Stock Car Series and the American Ethanol Super Truck Series.

Should be great weather and lots of laps to start the season in a tough little quarter mile bull ring.

woody53

Hope you have a fun weekend. We start next weekend down at Blackhawk Farms Raceway with Drivers School and Race.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

dad 2 5

a lot of good racing this weekend around the state. Big 8 runs at Madison International Speedway with a great fireworks show. Dells, Lx and Jefferson have fireworks on Saturday. Rockford has ARCA Midwest Tour on Saturday including the return of Richie Bickle in the 45.  Come out and see some great racing and fireworks this weekend!

dad 2 5

Lots of great racing this weekend at local tracks around Wisconsin and the Midwest but one huge event has come together for next Tuesday. WIR is running a Big 8 Series race and ACRA Midwest Tour event. The Tour event pays $10K and is attracting some good drivers including Brickle, Ross K, Travis and Johnny Sauter to name a few. I heard ticket prices are very reasonable too!

Also heard The Howe L Memorial is moved from The Mile to MIS in August.

woody53

Yes The Howie Letttow has been moved to Madison. I am running this weekend down at Blackhawk Farms in my second race in my new Swift DB 1, Formula Ford.

dad 2 5

Quote from: woody53 on July 30, 2015, 06:24:20 PM
Yes The Howie Letttow has been moved to Madison. I am running this weekend down at Blackhawk Farms in my second race in my new Swift DB 1, Formula Ford.

Sounds exciting. Hope it goes well and safe!

dad 2 5

Mid AM hits the dirt at Dodge County tonight. Should be a fun one.

dad 2 5

If you have or have not ever gone to a local race I would invite you to get out to Jefferson Speedway this weekend. It is the Wisconsin State Championships and is normally a two day show. This year a third day is added, Sunday, the TUNDRA Super Late model series. It should be great racing all three days. What makes Jefferson so cool? Three and four wide coming into and out of turns 3 and 4. It is something to see.

dad 2 5

Great events around the state today - Dells runs a great show with super lates and super trucks; Elko has Big 8 and Midwest tour event and Dodge County Fairgrounds hosts the IRA Sprints (360's and 410's) and Mid AM!

Great day to go see some local racing!

dad 2 5

BIG WEEKEND

The 50th National Short Track Championships at Rockford Speedway

Friday: Great Northern Sportmen and others
Saturday: Big 8 Series and Mid AM plus more
Sunday: Super Trucks; 200 laps of Super Late Models (30 sign in already); Must See Sprints

dad 2 5

Quote from: dad 2 5 on October 01, 2015, 04:46:33 PM
BIG WEEKEND

The 50th National Short Track Championships at Rockford Speedway

Friday: Great Northern Sportsmen and others
Saturday: Big 8 Series and Mid AM plus more
Sunday: Super Trucks; 200 laps of Super Late Models (30 sign in already); Must See Sprints

And the weather looks great for racing

dad 2 5

Big event of the year in WI and one of the biggest short track events in the country starts this Thursday at LaCrosse Fairground. Oktoberfest brings in the biggest fields of cars including super late models every day. Sunday's main event is ARCA Midwest Tour 200 includes 4 Sauter's; Rich Bickle; Dan Fredrickson; Erik Darnell; Dennis Prunty; Ty M; and 26 others. Come out and see some of the best short track racing in the country right here is Wisconsin.

dad 2 5

Madison International Speedway - this Sunday
ARCA Midwest Tour
Mid AM Stock Cars
plus trucks
for the Joe Shear Classic

Come out and see some great racing on the 1/2 mile

dad 2 5

really good weekend to go watch some local racing.
Red race last night at WIR
Badger Challenge with late models and sportsmen at MIS today
tomorrow at J track is Mid Am and Ethanol Super Trucks and Rockford has ARCA Midwest Tour plus a bunch of other tracks running good events.

woody53

It was a great Weekend for racing. Won my First Endurance race running a Spec Racer Ford, with Co-Driver Scott Barr, at The Milwaukee Mile.