Kelly Bires tonight on ESPN 2

Started by millert, June 09, 2007, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

Really good qualifying run for Bires. Will start 31st tonight. I also would really like to see him run Milwaukee. I know he is working hard on the sponsorship for it.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

woody53

Nice, solid night for Kelly. Ran well, for his first time on the track this year, and a 22nd place finish.

woody53

Kelly gets a shot at the Cup series this weekend at New Hampshire. He will be in the #79, Go Green Racing, Bestway Disposal, Ford. Bires needs to make it in on time.

woody53

He did it! Kelly made it in on time for his first Cup start.

dad 2 5

Great to hear. Hope he is not just a start n park!

dad 2 5

Heard Kelly has a ride for this weekend at Bristol. Hope I heard that right

woody53

Yes, Kelly is back in the #79 that he ran at new Hampshire. Has to make it in on time again. Bires has ran real well at Bristol in the past.

woody53

First practice at Bristol today and Bires is second quick. Only four one thousands of a second behind Carl Edwards.

Todd

Good for Kelly making the Cup race this weekend! 
"This page intentionally left blank".

woody53

You beat me to it Todd. Glad to see other wrestlers in the State keeping track of Kelly. Bires has always qualified well at Loudon.

Todd

Quote from: woody53 on September 22, 2012, 06:08:07 AM
You beat me to it Todd. Glad to see other wrestlers in the State keeping track of Kelly. Bires has always qualified well at Loudon.

Too bad it's a yawner of a race.  My bros team entered 2 cars this weekend, one was in the top 35 and the 10 car was being qualified for Patrick I think.
"This page intentionally left blank".

woody53

Kelly has two chances this weekend as he will try to qualify the #79, Go Greening Racing Ford, in the Cup Series, at Dover, and he will also get to qualify the #15, Rick Ware Racing Chevy, in the Nationwide Series. Busy weekend, but I bet he is loving it.

woody53

Locked in with a good qualifying for the Nationwide race. Over a second faster than he practiced, on the one mile track. Will start 28th.

woody53

Cup Series not as good. Didn't make the race.

dad 2 5

I see that Kelly is working with Ross Kenseth this season. I wonder if they will move up once Ross graduates in a couple of years. Not sure where they are all planning on running. I know the Mile is on the schedule and I think I saw Slinger Nationals. Wonder if they will build a car for Kelly will get behind the wheel again, at  least for testing?