Kelly Bires tonight on ESPN 2

Started by millert, June 09, 2007, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

A nice 8th place run tonight for Kelly. Not a factor for the win but a top ten, none the less.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

dad 2 5

Quote from: woody53 on June 04, 2011, 01:14:02 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on June 04, 2011, 10:29:19 AM
I had hoped to go down but will have to settle for watching it this evening. Hope Kelly has a good run
Dad 2 5, we need to catch up at a track some time.
Yes we do!
Hopefully Kelly caught someones eye with the top ten finish.

dad 2 5

Racing Sunday at Slinger Nationals

dad 2 5

I was really hoping Kelly was going to get a ride for today but I do not see him on the list. Too bad. He needs to be getting laps.

woody53

He is actually playing in a Charity Golf Tournament this weekend down in North Carolina.

woody53

Bires will be in the #04, Go Green Racing, Ford this weekend at Dover.

woody53

Good qualifying by Kelly today at Dover. He was 38th quick in practice yesterday and qualified 26th this morning. I believe it is a start and park, but really showed how he could hang it out for a two lap run.

woody53

Scott has had a few start and parks this year in the Nationwide Series. He also has been doing some testing for a couple of teams. Scott is not done yet. Still able to do it on the track. Looking for the right opportunity like many of the drivers right now. The Wimmer Family is still one of the biggest supporters of short track racing in Wisconsin.

dad 2 5

Quote from: Handles on October 13, 2011, 06:13:21 PM
I'm not a race fan, but wondering what ever happened to scott wimmer? I heard he had an OWI, is he done in nascar?

As Woody said, Scott is running some Nationwide.
The are trying to put together a deal for next year.
His family owner and operate State Park in Wausua, WI (sp).
Scott has help some testing too and helped Chris finish 5th in points of the ASA Midwest Tour Series. (Had a shot at 4th but even Dick Trickle could not help them find speed, Dad Wimmer and Trickle and I talked for 20 minutes about the front end not turning with the new third bar system they put on)

dad 2 5

Anything in the works for Kelly for next year or is his driving day over? Too bad, I really thought he had it and was on his way to Cup.

woody53

I know Kelly has been working on a couple of opportunities for next year. The face of the sport keeps changing all the time. Really think he will be able to pull it together. Fingers crossed.

dad 2 5

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: woody53 on November 08, 2011, 11:32:56 AMThe face of the sport keeps changing all the time.

This is a brutal time to find a NASCAR ride: Roush and RCR both dropping a team, Red Bull selling/leaving the sport, and tons of quality drivers looking for rides.  Heck, even former Champion and Chase driver Matt Kenseth is having trouble finding a replacement sponsor for his car next season.
It's a great day for wrestling! :D

woody53

Kelly will be in the #39, Go Green Racing, Ford, sponsored by Fentonmotors.com, at Texas Motor Speedway, for the O'Reilly 300 in the Nationwide Series.

dad 2 5

Hope it goes well for Kelly this weekend. Does he have a ride for the Mile when the Midwest Tour comes to town?