Kelly Bires tonight on ESPN 2

Started by millert, June 09, 2007, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

There was a large gathering include many of Howie's drivers. Sounds like Dan Thiel needs our prayers now too as he is down with cancer.

dad 2 5

Bires to drive #25 at Richmond: Kelly Bires will drive the #25 Raybestos Brakes Ford for Team Rensi Motorsports in the Sept. 10 NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Richmond International Raceway. Bires has made seven starts this season and claimed one top-10 finish. He has racked up 12 top-10 finishes in 75 career starts. Team Rensi Motorsports has earned five wins, 42 top-five and 98 top-10 finishes since its inception in 1999. The image of a 1932 Ford hot rod roadster pickup will be displayed on the car's rear quarter panels. The Raybestos Roadster Pickup will be given away to a professional mechanic or do-it yourself Raybestos customer as part of a national promotion.(Raybestos PR)(9-3-2010)

woody53

In the two practice sessions today at Richmond, Bires, in his first time in the new COT Nationwide car for Rensi Motorsports, was 13th and 15th quick. Not bad! A lot of big names slower than Kelly.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

woody53

Bires jumps in the #09, RAB Racing, Ford this weekend at Dover. Kelly seems to run well at the concrete tracks.

dad 2 5

I see Kelly has a ride for this weekend at Charlotte.

dad 2 5

Looks like Kelly Qualified 23rd or 25th today

woody53

23rd, and he picked up almost 3.5 mph over his best practice times the last two days. Lets hope it will be a good night and bring home a top 15 finish.

dad 2 5

Have you heard if anything is coming together for 2011 for Kelly? It may be a good move for him to come back to the Midwest and run (won) the Midwest Tour. They are looking at those guys closely. Maybe he could get the Swiss Colony team.

woody53

I do think that he might have something going with Team Rensi. He ran afew races with them this year in the new car and he has had a few meetings in Chicago this fall, where Rensi is originally from. Lets hope.

dad 2 5

It would be a good Christmas gift for Kelly and family to sign the contract (not that they mean anything JR!)

dad 2 5

woody53

All I know is that he is still somewhat tied to Rensi. Lepage will be in the #24 at Daytona, and I know Kelly is down there. Nothing released yet on Kelly's schedule in the #25.

woody53

Still haven't seen a schedule for Kelly but he was on the track in the #25 Ford Mustang yesterday at Daytona. At least his name was on the car. :-\

woody53

Kelly stated that they are in Daytona to qualify for the race, but don't have enough funding to run the entire race.