Dalen Jauquet - 1949-2023 Sad day for wrestling!

Started by TomM, September 29, 2023, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Wrestling, Luxemburg-Casco, the wrestling forum and Wisconsin has lost the most loyal fan.

Dalen Jauquet - 1949-2023
Sad day for wrestling, Luxemburg-Casco, Wisconsin Wrestling and 'the forum'.  Dale was disabled in a work related accident early in life and gently referred to himself on the Wisconsin wrestling forum as 'thequad'. He registered on the forum going by the moniker 'thequad'.

The fiercest of Luxemburg-Casco wrestling fans, Dale's final post on the forum was August 03, 2023, championing an 'L-C' wrestler for recognition.
https://forum.wiwrestling.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=9011

Dale was inducted to the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame as a Medal of Courage recipient in 2013.
https://nwhof.org/national-wrestling-hall-of-fame/bio/2852

Dalen Jauquet - 1949-2023
https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/obituaries/pwix0581149

Dalen P. Jauquet, Luxemburg, was born June 23, 1949, and passed peacefully surrounded by his family on Saturday evening September 23, 2023. He was the son of Harry C. and Bertha C. (Vandenbush) Jauquet of New Franken, Wisconsin.

Dale graduated from Luxemburg High School in 1967. In 1969 he joined the Navy Reserves. Dale married Sandy Marcelle of Luxemburg on August 8, 1970.

Dale is survived by his wife Sandy, his children and grandchildren; Shawn (Dan) Hanrahan, Cameron (Adrianna), Max and Lexie; Ben (Jennifer) Jauquet, Ethan, Mara and Henry; Adam (Jodi) Jauquet, Allison and Cole; Pete (Stacey) Jauquet, Lilyanna, Laney and Levi; Beth (Ben) Evers, Lennon and Harper; two brothers, Hub (Joanne) Jauquet; Mark (Jan) Jauquet; one sister, Patricia (Francis) DeGrave, sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law Jim Johnson, Elaine (Cliff) Troullier, Sister Marie Goretti Marcelle, OSF, Marilyn Barrett, Rose Maloney, Dennis (Darlene) Marcelle, Jerry (Bonnie) Marcelle, Diane Marcelle, Cheri (Tom) Peot, Debbie (Kevin) Marcelle-Crocker and many nieces and nephews.

Dale was preceded in death by his parents, Harry and Bertha Jauquet; Father-in-law and Mother-in-law, Wilbert and Marcella Marcelle; sister Carolyn Johnson, brothers-in-law Edward VanRoy, Jim Marcelle, Glenn Maloney and David Barrett; nephews Daron Marcelle and Steve Barrett and great-nephew Brett Jauquet.

A private funeral service will be held with Rev. Msgr. James E. Dillenburg officiating. Please join the family in a Celebration of Life on Sunday, October 22 from 12:00 - 4:00 p.m. at the Rendezvous in Luxemburg, WI. Per Dalen's wishes donations will be made in his memory to the Luxemburg-Casco Wrestling Booster Club and to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

McMahon Funeral Home, Luxemburg, is assisting the family. www.mcmahonfh@centurytel.com

Posted online on September 27, 2023
Published in Green Bay Press Gazette

From the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Honorees page for Dale Jauquet:
https://nwhof.org/national-wrestling-hall-of-fame/bio/2852

Dale Jauquet

My interest in wrestling started a few years before high school. I wrestled throughout high school and was an avid Luxemburg-Casco wrestling fan for about five years until I decided to start officiating due to my passion for the sport. In 2002, 23 years after starting Jauquet Roofing, I fell while working. The injuries from the fall paralyzed me from the neck down, and I am a quadriplegic dependent on a ventilator. Of course, this ended my officiating career; however, my love for wrestling did not fade. Although my new career was focused on rehabilitation, my interest in wrestling and the success of the program pushed me to find ways to attend as many matches as possible. Also, I stayed connected to the wrestling family through the Internet. Being present at the matches in my wheelchair, and in touch with other wrestling fans over the Internet has been important to me. I have found the coaches, the wrestlers, and the fans very accepting and accommodating of my situation, and this connection has greatly enhanced the quality of my life. People tell me I am an inspiration by continuing to stay involved with wrestling and other activities in my community after my accident. I am very happy and grateful that I have had this impact, but I cannot honestly say that I accomplished this alone. Credit also goes to my incredible wife, Sandy, and all my wonderful nurses. Because of the special care they have given me, I have been able to follow my passion for wrestling and live my life to the fullest from my wheelchair.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

No One Cares

Truly a legend who deserves to be remembered for his unwavering loyalty to Lux-Casco.   Hopefully he is already sitting down with the big man, going over this year's line up and convincing him that they have a shot to win it all.  God bless him, his family and the LC community.   The forum just got a little more boring....

npope

Sad news indeed. Never met the gentleman, but very much enjoyed his contributions to this forum.

RIP
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

littleguy301

Passing along my best thoughts to quads family. I respected his posts and being on the forum. So cool how over the years meeting people from all ways of life on this forum. Enjoyed quad love of LC wrestling and over all love of wrestling. He will be missed on the forum! I hope and pray for the best of quads family.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

MNbadger

Never met the man but loved the interaction.  PMs were always interesting and enjoyable, a quality being.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Bob Garrou

I was always amazed by how many people at sectionals from Casco showed him so much passion. It was inspiring he will be missed.

bigoil

Coach V

Great guy. He was LC all the way. He was a very good official. He always said Hi and would chat, as he could. Just an awesome guy. RIP Dalen!  :'(
You dont wrestle,your a wrestler

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Armdrag

Sad news.........Hortonville wrestling sending its thoughts and prayers!!!!