Entire ASU Swim/Dive Team to take redshirt for 2020-21

Started by crossface21, July 27, 2020, 12:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossface21

I told a couple of other coaches a few months ago that NCAA athletes should all take redshirts this coming season if they can because of the COVID. Looks like that might start happening. If NCAA sports are held, I think this is going to happen with more athletes and teams because of the uncertainty, especially with winter sports.

Tom, if this should be moved to a different thread, go ahead. I think this is definitely going to happen a lot with wrestlers.

https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-macbook-air-vs-macbook-pro-specs#:~:text=As%20you%20can%20see%2C%20there's,MacBook%20Pro%20and%20MacBook%20Air.&text=You%20can%20only%20get%20a,slightly%20better%20and%20larger%

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

dman

Now don't get me wrong...I think what the ASU team is doing is smart on their part.  However, what is scary is the total lack of forward thinking of how this is going to have very negative consequences to college sports and heck college in general down the road.  These short sighted over the top uber risk adverse...and quite frankly idiotic decisions about this virus will ruin college sports and college as we know it...as well as a host of other things as well.  And I am calling it now...those who are making the shorted sighted idiotic decisions now, will blame everyone else when things go in the crapper.

MNbadger

risk-averse........
Quote from: dman on July 30, 2020, 07:54:38 AM
Now don't get me wrong...I think what the ASU team is doing is smart on their part.  However, what is scary is the total lack of forward thinking of how this is going to have very negative consequences to college sports and heck college in general down the road.  These short sighted over the top uber risk adverse...and quite frankly idiotic decisions about this virus will ruin college sports and college as we know it...as well as a host of other things as well.  And I am calling it now...those who are making the shorted sighted idiotic decisions now, will blame everyone else when things go in the crapper.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan