Season Start Date

Started by novakm, April 21, 2017, 12:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

padre

Quote from: getyourpoints on April 24, 2017, 08:01:09 PM
How can they push it back with ACT's at the beginning of Dec? It's either the you keep the current date or you move it back to mid Dec which is way to late.
I happen to agree that the season is too long and it's a struggle do to holidays that fall and spring sports don't have to deal with, but what's the solution? ACTs/SATs trump hunting IMO, and we hunt.

I wouldn't necessarily say that though.  Spring sports, especially track meets get hurt by the spring break.  In baseball many of those games get postponed but they start practice and then all of a sudden 6 school days off this spring for break.  Heck...then fishing season for those outdoorsmen.  Theres always something.

Wrestling, while a tougher sport not to get sick of the grind and harder to stay away from nagging injuries is a shorter season than basketball.  Good coaches figure out ways to get through these things and keep morale up.

ramjet

Quote from: padre on April 26, 2017, 09:12:30 AM
Quote from: getyourpoints on April 24, 2017, 08:01:09 PM
How can they push it back with ACT's at the beginning of Dec? It's either the you keep the current date or you move it back to mid Dec which is way to late.
I happen to agree that the season is too long and it's a struggle do to holidays that fall and spring sports don't have to deal with, but what's the solution? ACTs/SATs trump hunting IMO, and we hunt.

I wouldn't necessarily say that though.  Spring sports, especially track meets get hurt by the spring break.  In baseball many of those games get postponed but they start practice and then all of a sudden 6 school days off this spring for break.  Heck...then fishing season for those outdoorsmen.  Theres always something.

Wrestling, while a tougher sport not to get sick of the grind and harder to stay away from nagging injuries is a shorter season than basketball.  Good coaches figure out ways to get through these things and keep morale up.

This is very true there is always something to deal with just part of the process.